The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

2 hours ago, MartynJPearson said:

And if you could, please explain a toilet brush.

My wife says I should use one but I always find it tickles so prefer paper.

Remember, the Romans used a piece of sponge on a stick...

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mark Saunders said:

Soaked in Acetic Acid (vinegar).

Probably old wine that had soured.  A nice astringent tinglingness....

I think I'll leave it there.

53 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Mini Kingsx in the 80’s?

5E7E4DAF-FFD2-4119-8E34-C6E91CD44C68.jpeg.552bf6fc638697951b6542d3e8f37596.jpeg

1444F4FF-25CC-4117-A5E2-5B053DF8FA55.jpeg.4c88ebd29bbb8a6dfe8d0065c1404fa9.jpeg

009 Minis from Dave’s shop on Shapeways. ;) 

Shortie EE Type 3 and Deltic*. Nice!

As for the HSTs, surely one  would have its nose in the shed, ready for some carriages to be coupled between them?

* Or perhaps a "Baby" Deltic...  :jester:

• Like 1

Facebook apologises for Plymouth Hoe 'error'.

Facebook has apologised for removing posts that named part of a city it deemed to contain an offensive word.

She said: "One woman on the group had been making hats, and she forgot to say where the collection point was so people asked her and she wrote Plymouth Hoe.

"Suddenly I started getting notifications asking me to remove the comments.

"And then her daughter contacted me asking why her mum had been banned from commenting on the group."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-55827981

:jester:

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Ah, I was about to ask ....  every day a school day.

A friend tells a story of him and some colleagues having an innocent conversation where the word 'flanges' was used several times. A girl sat close by, just out of uni' overheard and objected, apparently at that uni'  'flanges' was the term used for a particular bit of a girl's body

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Canal Digger said:

A friend tells a story of him and some colleagues having an innocent conversation where the word 'flanges' was used several times. A girl sat close by, just out of uni' overheard and objected, apparently at that uni'  'flanges' was the term used for a particular bit of a girl's body

I never heard them called that before! :yahoo_mini:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Facebook apologises for Plymouth Hoe 'error'.

Facebook has apologised for removing posts that named part of a city it deemed to contain an offensive word.

She said: "One woman on the group had been making hats, and she forgot to say where the collection point was so people asked her and she wrote Plymouth Hoe.

"Suddenly I started getting notifications asking me to remove the comments.

"And then her daughter contacted me asking why her mum had been banned from commenting on the group."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-55827981

:jester:

When will the Yanks learn that most of the rest of the world does not know of/speak their slang or perhaps realise that the good 'ole USA is not the centre of the World.

• Like 1
  • Agree 12

52 minutes ago, Canal Digger said:

48 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

I never heard them called that before! :yahoo_mini:

Dunno, I had heard the term used in that context in the 70s, its not something I would have used even back then, but some folk have odd ways of expressing themselves...

46 minutes ago, Tankerman said:

When will the Yanks learn that most of the rest of the world does not know of/speak their slang or perhaps realise that the good 'ole USA is not the centre of the World.

I thought it was spelt "Ho" in Americanese?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Hroth said:

Dunno, I had heard the term used in that context in the 70s, its not something I would have used even back then, but some folk have odd ways of expressing themselves...

I thought it was spelt "Ho" in Americanese?

...and yet, Santa was not blocked for saying Ho, ho, ho? :dontknow:

• Funny 8

She was hoeing in the garden earlier....

I think that "flange" originally comes from Ramblin' Syd Rumpo (aka Kenneth Williams).

He used to put words in songs that sounded rude that weren't. A lot of them ended up in common usage. If you think this song is rude it's your dirty mind as there is nothing remotely risqué in it.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tankerman said:

One of their (un)social media platforms (Facebook) got a bit uppity when there was a post about Devil's Dyke!

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19035197.facebook-labels-devils-dyke-hate-speech-error/

• Round of applause 1