The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

3 minutes ago, CameronL said:

What would be the word for that climactic moment when you get your first train of the day moving?

I suppose it depends on the scale -

Orgasm

OOrgasm

OrgasEM

P4gasm 

HOrgasm

OrgasN

Any minute now the EM and P4 lot will be on arguing which one is the more intense....

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 6
  • Funny 7

2 hours ago, CameronL said:

What would be the word for that climactic moment when you get your first train of the day moving?

I suppose it depends on the scale -

Orgasm

OOrgasm

OrgasEM

P4gasm 

HOrgasm

OrgasN

(Other scales are available, but aren't so handy to pun excrutiatingly).

It just occurred to me, if the first train of the day is a DMU would that be a multiple OOrgasm?

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

New sport coming to TV soon I reckon.

Pillow fighting has been turned into a professional combat sport as athletes competed in the ring in Florida.

The Pillow Fight Championships took place in Florida on 29 January, where 16 men and eight women fought for the two titles.

Each winner earned a title belt and $5000.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-60198331

We might mock, but it does say MMA fighters so I'm not going to argue with them! :no:

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, jcredfer said:

They will probably end being more valuable that the correct versions, with the double connection humour value.  I have to wonder if the mistake has given Her Majesty a wry smile, too.

HM will no doubt be quite relieved that the picture on the items only bear a slight resemblance to One....

Quite remarkable tat!

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, pH said:

Which I don't think the BBC writer quite got with the reference to bubbly.... 

I think you can still get them, or at least copies, from those "retro" sweet shops you can find in some UK cities.

• RMweb Premium

I still have (and spin) my records, cassettes, and cds. I even have a few reel-to-reel tapes but nothing to roll them with right now; well, nothing functional. What I do not have any more are 4 and 8-track carts. Funny; many years ago I had a good Akai 4 & 8- track deck. I got rid of it because my tapes were gone. About a month later I found my tapes! :cry:Please note that it may have been just the opposite, I no longer remember the sequence.

EDIT: I still buy records, about a month or so ago I bought a new LP re-realease of CCR's "CHRONICLES" at my local Walmart of all places. Why? I do not know as I already had a US pressing (original release) and a Canadian pressing!

Edited by J. S. Bach
To add some information.
  • Friendly/supportive 2