RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Making myself a cheese and tomato sarnie for lunch, I caught sight of the Allergy advice  notice on the packaging of the Extra Mature Cheddar that I was opening.

Allergy Notice:  Contains Milk

As it was an ordinary block of cheese that had no pretention to be made from vegan friendly substances, I would be upset if the cheese didn't contain milk. I suppose its there to help folk who don't realise that cheese is traditionally made from milk.

At least it didn't faff about with "may contain nuts" waffle.

Anyhow it raised a wry smile on my lips!

Mrs C once worked with someone who was convinced that milk didn't come from animals, and didn't contain protein...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Hroth said:

Making myself a cheese and tomato sarnie for lunch, I caught sight of the Allergy advice  notice on the packaging of the Extra Mature Cheddar that I was opening.

Allergy Notice:  Contains Milk

As it was an ordinary block of cheese that had no pretention to be made from vegan friendly substances, I would be upset if the cheese didn't contain milk. I suppose its there to help folk who don't realise that cheese is traditionally made from milk.

At least it didn't faff about with "may contain nuts" waffle.

Anyhow it raised a wry smile on my lips!

I recently purchased a vegan ready meal and the allergy notice said "May contain Milk & Eggs"

It said these were naturally occuring contaminants.

Not sure if that is the case, how anyone can be vegan!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

23 minutes ago, Hroth said:

You can imagine people saying "I'm vegan, honest, but my meals contain a large proportion of naturally occurring contaminants"....

I'm a sort of vegetarian. 

I only eat herbivores.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

13 hours ago, newbryford said:

I know the Lionesses success will make many people :)

but this is one of the best.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/62372849

Another "best". the immediate post-match interviews

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/62372794

The first interview is amazing, how many players shriek "Oh My God!", start singing "Sweet Caroline" and then run off with the microphone?

If I were a member of the Mens England squad, I'd be hiding in shame today....

A couple of  stats from the BBC:

Peak viewing figure 17.2 million

iPlayer streaming 5.9 million

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, luckymucklebackit said:

We Scots have no prejudice, we don't give a toss about England football teams, men or women.  Been a real pain the last 24 hours, real news has ceased to exist.

Well, as an Englishman, I certainly look forward to cheering on any winning Scottish team in the future.

Before that, however, I expect the English Hamster, Gerbil and Miscellaneous Rodents team will have brought home at least a couple of trophies😜

• Like 2

2 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

We Scots have no prejudice, we don't give a toss about England football teams, men or women.  Been a real pain the last 24 hours, real news has ceased to exist.

I fully support your right to ignore England in any international football competition.

I hope you will equally support my right to ignore Scotland in any international football competition. 

That's if they ever qualify for one...

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

4 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

We've all seen how that PoV has served Scotland...

To be quite clear, it would have been nice to have seen more of the Home Nations get into the final stages of the competition!

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Are you saying it's fake news?

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Dude, I'm glad for the England ladies and more particularly for any positives for society that can come from it. But when a certain old lady who wears a posh hat kicks the bucket, this one's gonna look like a three inch column in the Beano.

I'm retreating to PlayStation and streaming TV for a month on that one.

C6T.

• Like 3