RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

I live next to a railway line and occasionally receive letters from Network Rail advising of overnight works on said line.

This arrived the other day.

NwR.jpg.98fd2ee0c76e7a3ac40f747e52027d5c.jpg

I know MENTOR appears on test trains past my house from time to time - and there's even been an odd 88 in the last year or so, the nearest overhead wires are 15 miles away..........................

• Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Cokebreeze said:

You have to love a bit of vulgar American Graffiti.  Philadelphia, Bethlehem & New England Gondola. Iron Hill Yard (Bethlehem Steel).

It made me laugh anyway. 

Black 004.jpg

It made you laugh?  What are you, twelve?

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

There was an advert for a dating site on TV recently claiming that someone finds love every four minutes on their site. I don't know who this someone is, but whoever it is, if they stopped for a while then maybe all the other people on the site would have a chance...

• Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
On 10/10/2022 at 22:28, newbryford said:

I know MENTOR appears on test trains past my house from time to time - and there's even been an odd 88 in the last year or so, the nearest overhead wires are 15 miles away..........................

You might be surprised what's there once they've cleared away those pesky branches😉

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 10/10/2022 at 22:28, newbryford said:

We've had MENTOR a few times down here in west Wales.  The first time I saw it I was able to ask the crew why when she stopped to reverse.  The reason then was that they were short of (working) generator cars. Am guessing some other times it's easier to leave the consist complete rather than having to re-arrange stock even though MENTOR isn't needed for that working.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

We've had MENTOR a few times down here in west Wales.  The first time I saw it I was able to ask the crew why when she stopped to reverse.  The reason then was that they were short of (working) generator cars. Am guessing some other times it's easier to leave the consist complete rather than having to re-arrange stock even though MENTOR isn't needed for that working.

Yep - MENTOR is often used for its generator capability . The test diagram that passes my house is one that covers much of Scotland that also isn't wired - there are pictures of MENTOR at Dingwall!

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve taken mentor loads of places with no wires for that reason, being used as a generator vehicle, had it to lowestoft

37254 "cardiff canton" in Saxmunden

And Saltburn, shortly after running it off the wires coming into the bay at Darlington when the operator forgot to drop the pantograph! 

68022 at the seaside

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

image.png.972a991e7dc09c99376ca8fc414f18cb.png

This turned up on my facebook feed.  It was aparently a russian 'land train'. What really made me laugh was that it has a double cab, just think of reversing a train of double boogie wagons!

Edited by Vistisen
  • Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

On 13/10/2022 at 08:35, Al51 said:

There was an advert for a dating site on TV recently claiming that someone finds love every four minutes on their site. I don't know who this someone is, but whoever it is, if they stopped for a while then maybe all the other people on the site would have a chance...

I tried love once, it didn't end well....

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Because nothing says season of goodwill like a Tiger Tank! 🎄

©️ The Tank Museum

I do not know about that sweater, but I would not mind a pair of these:

https://tankmuseumshop.org/products/tiger-131-slippers

😺

Edit: In fact, I just ordered a pair!! 🙀

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1