The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
On 24/12/2022 at 12:44, John Besley said:

That's an eyefull

It just dawned on me what you really said!

Oh, and I still want that hat! 🙀

Edited by J. S. Bach
To add some thoughts.
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

36 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

The most famous Elton in the world*!

He was the presenter of ITV Football for years, was also a news reporter for Granada/ITN and wrote for national newspapers.

*Elton John's real name isn't Elton....

Its not surprising that EJ  changed his name, you'd do it too if you started out with "Reginald", which smacks of Monty Python accountant...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Its not surprising that EJ  changed his name, you'd do it too if you started out with "Reginald", which smacks of Monty Python accountant...

What's wrong with Reginald?  😀

It actually means King.

Reg Dwight is far more interesting than Elton John (which sounds like a hairdresser or someone that sells underpants).

I also doubt many people were taking the mick out of Reginald Kray.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Since I don't watch football and don't live in the Granada area I had to research him...

He hasn't worn well.

image.png.7487e62053d3766f26619b417111654d.png

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

Name popularity comes and goes. For instance, not many babies get called Gordon these days, but Gordon Sumner has a sting in his tale...

I think the song had something to do with that....

Nigel died a death about the same time with Making Plans For Nigel then the protagonist in Adrian Mole was Nigel. Don't see many Adrian's nowadays either.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Since I don't watch football and don't live in the Granada area I had to research him...

He hasn't worn well.

image.png.7487e62053d3766f26619b417111654d.png

1 minute ago, Steamport Southport said:

Must be getting on a bit though. He wasn't exactly a spring chicken in the 1980s.

Also a little bitter, he's not got anything nice to say about female football commentators.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Also a little bitter, he's not got anything nice to say about female football commentators.

Yes, but he did well for himself.

Went on to be Archbishop of Canterbury.

• Like 1

Most disappointing remake...

Snake On A Train  🐍

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/snake-on-a-train-causes-chaos-during-tour-of-south-east-england/ar-AA15ILkv?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4836257628454ef6bc18236ef1b2fea8

Our brave Bobbies have no fear.  😱

British Transport Police officers were called by rail staff who had managed to corner the warm-blooded animal and get it into a bag.

The snake caused a stir at the depot, with officers reportedly getting spooked and ducking for cover during the rescue.

Gareth North, from the nearby Mitcham Zoo in south London, was then called up to help.

Mr North, 50, said: ‘The engineers informed me the police were on the scene on the carriage after the report of the snake. I was told they ran off the train scared when they saw it.

🤣

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Snakes are not warm-blooded, whatever Metro says... I have to say that the mental picture of coppers scarpering in all directions raised a smile, though.  Poor thing must have been terrified, glad someone turned up who could handle it properly!  Corn Snakes are not venomous but will probably sink their teeth in if you annoy them enough. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Awww, the poor soul, my heart pumps purple panther p!$$ for him:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/man-who-moved-near-train-tracks-complains-to-train-companies-about-train-noises/ar-AA15KlN3?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=73eeda2995374757989f6f0acecb17c3

But, does he take the train to London daily where he works? 🙀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/man-who-moved-near-train-tracks-complains-to-train-companies-about-train-noises/ar-AA15KlN3?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=73eeda2995374757989f6f0acecb17c3

And what would he say if work took place during the day delaying services, there are no words suitable to describe this type of person who buy properties and then start complaining about  what has been there for years before there arrival !!!

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Extensively discussed here 

Andi

• Informative/Useful 2