RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
On 20/01/2024 at 19:27, Ozexpatriate said:

"The Doctor's on first" would have been a shorter sketch.

Were we being that pedantic, it's Pittsburg and not St. Louis*.

* In the "Naughty Nineties" version.

Never fails to amuse.  AIUI it was based on an earlier vaudeville skit about Chinese laundry.

A poor quality recording of the legendary Vin Scully in 2007(?) when the Dodgers had Hu on first base

Also a quite good modern pastiche (if you can close your ears to the audience whooping)

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Remember to reprogramme the computer first.

• Agree 8

• RMweb Gold

Rang my dad up in the 1987 'hurricane' to check all was well; he lived on the 'top road', Port Road East, in Barry and it can be a bit wild up there on normal days.  All was well, but had I seen his garage flying past; this was a solid concrete affair that he'd last seen airborne from the kitchen window...  it had lifted off without leaving a scratch on his Vauxhall Cavalier.

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Rang my dad up in the 1987 'hurricane' to check all was well; he lived on the 'top road', Port Road East, in Barry and it can be a bit wild up there on normal days.  All was well, but had I seen his garage flying past; this was a solid concrete affair that he'd last seen airborne from the kitchen window...  it had lifted off without leaving a scratch on his Vauxhall Cavalier.

I hope whatever it landed on was as lucky!🙂

John

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

In the 1968 Glasgow hurricane, a house near my (now) wife’s family lost their one-car garage - scattered over the neighbourhood. They didn’t use it - it had been put up by a previous owner. My brother-in-law, then a teenager, made a deal with the neighbour - he could keep any bits he could find. By diligent searching, over quite a few blocks, he found 90% plus of the garage and re-assembled it in their yard.

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

5 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

What they need is a late opening for stag and hen parties. They would make a fortune!

Who wouldn't pay to be swore at by parrots after a few pints?

The only problem would be that after each evening, the parrots would end up with an extended vocabulary!

• Agree 4
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, DavidB-AU said:

Hold my Guinness...

image.png.1f9db071434ebc1193aeff23eabdc401.png

How would a flight from Manchester to Stanstead have enough fuel to reach Budapest? Appears to be true though! https://www.radarbox.com/data/flights/fr718/2097562043

edit - https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1858275/storm-isha-ryanair-flight-diverted-budapest

Edited by Nick C
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1