The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

I shouldn’t be laughing at that at all but FFS!!

“He’s a doctor, do you think he’d go round killing people”

Best not tell her about Harold shipman then

Kept thinking if her voice got any higher only dogs would hear it or her head would explode!

It was the way that she started foaming at the mouth towards the end of the piece that worried me.

It was the stark staring mad eyes that gave the game away from the off. Wonder if she's a member of the Flat Earth Society as well?

• RMweb Premium

I do a shift in a charity shop, and this afternoon we had a meeting for volunteers. This is where management have a chance to tell everyone about news and plans and so on.

There are some items the shops have not accepted as donations for many years; for example ash trays (it's a cancer charity), lawn mowers (shop too small), used bed linen, and so on. There is a list pinned up in the back room to tell us the details.

Today we learnt about two donations received at one of the shops a few days ago:

- a machete, newly sharpened

- two live rounds (unused bullets)

It seems no list can be comprehensive.

- Richard.

• RMweb Premium

A machete is a very useful tool, I use one Or a bill hook for chopping ivy from trees round the garden.

I have no live rounds, blanks or empty cases in my possession Sergeant!!!

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Spotted in this Digitrax document:

attachicon.gif5 of 4.JPG

Keith

Presumably they would blame Microsoft for the page count error? I'd love to see that one go to court! It would keep so many lawyers from needing to chase ambulances. :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Presumably they would blame Microsoft for the page count error? I'd love to see that one go to court! It would keep so many lawyers from needing to chase ambulances. :jester:

Don't quite see where Microsoft come into this?

This is a pdf of a printed document, which could have been produced by any number of means.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Spotted in this Digitrax document:

attachicon.gif5 of 4.JPG

Keith

We were always told to type "Intentionally Blank" on a deliberately blank page empty page.

But I don't have any blank pages because...

I have no live rounds, blanks or empty cases in my possession Sergeant!!!

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Premium

We were always told to type "Intentionally Blank" on a deliberately blank page empty page.

have no live rounds, blanks or empty cases in my possession Sergeant!!!

But it is numbered 5 of 4!!!!!!!

We were always told to type "Intentionally Blank" on a deliberately blank page empty page.

have no live rounds, blanks or empty cases in my possession Sergeant!!!

Have always thought that the "This page intentionally blank" thing was weird - so I put it into my signature!

• RMweb Premium

But it is numbered 5 of 4!!!!!!!

The page count always had to be correct, especially if it was a secret Document, so that you could tell if a page was stolen...

• RMweb Premium

Don't quite see where Microsoft come into this?

This is a pdf of a printed document, which could have been produced by any number of means.

Keith

Microsoft - the font of the footer is the same as the default font from MS Word. Those of us who check our documents are also likely to have changed the default font, and recognition of the footer font as unchanged from MS standard to corporate standard is part of checking.

The uploaded content is shown as a jpg. If you have taken a jpg from a pdf page, then fine - but most applications which create a pdf  will recognise the MS default font and render it the same.

You have come across as very very defensively touchy about Microsoft, in response to a post that was a comment on a UK viewpoint on US corporate litigation, from someone who has seen such in action.

• RMweb Premium

The page count always had to be correct, especially if it was a secret Document, so that you could tell if a page was stolen...

I like the approach they apparently used at the Lockheed Skunk Works - don't stamp secret on anything because it just attracts attention....

• Like 1