The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

34 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

we’ve already got them mixed in with roundabouts. They installed one near Wimborne called a ‘hamburger’, you stay in the right lanes to go straight through the middle of the roundabout but need to be in the left lane to go left or right. It caused mayhem when first put it in and you still have to be wary of people suddenly diving left across three lanes! The middle lane is a no go to most locals to avoid the swerving cars ;) 

Something similarly confusing on Pier Road Gillingham, google maps link here:

https://goo.gl/maps/rx2wXqeyxi8zGPYA8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

A4 lovers, eat your heart out.

Look at the quoted maximum speed of the rebuilt MN....

http://projects.esu.eu/projectoverviews/1?type=all&order=date&country=gb

.........and the Spam Can "West Country" (Hmm!)below it.

At that speed the bicycle chain would derail.:jester:

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bardills+Roundabout,+Nottingham,+UK/@52.9203071,-1.2668174,18.04z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4879e91a6340df7f:0x1a46c449be2fb1c4!8m2!3d52.9200355!4d-1.2649998

This roundabout is a bit of a humdinger when you factor in the number of cars jumping lights and tailbacks at busy times.

Mike.

On 29/02/2020 at 06:51, Enterprisingwestern said:

image.png.22c050ceb567895be299eb919e01c47f.png

Spain has hook turn roundabout style junctions, a bit awkward to explain, not helped by the fact that said junctions are not accessed in the same fashion depending upon which turn you are actually making, nor are they the same size and layout as the one depicted.

Given the standard incompetence of Spanish drivers and the inability of the traffic authorities to design a road junction in a sensible and satisfactory manner for the road situation, chaos generally ensues.

Mike.

Ah, I see the problem with that manoeuvre - they're starting it from the wrong side of the road. If they drove on the correct (left hand) side then turning left wouldn't be a problem.

;-)

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, grahame said:

Ah, I see the problem with that manoeuvre - they're starting it from the wrong side of the road. If they drove on the correct (left hand) side then turning left wouldn't be a problem.

;-)

That matters not a jot to your average Spanish motorist!

Mike.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Panic buying Australia style.

I picked up a 6 pack of double length yesterday and tonight there wasn't a single sheet of paper available. The weird thing is that most of it is made in Australia and the factory is now working 24/7 to attempt to keep up with demand.

The lady in front of me at the checkout started her own little speciality of panic buying. She had about 8 packets of cotton buds, each presumably containing 200!

Anyone got any clues as to what anyone might want with 1600 cotton buds?

Essential supplies.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, kevinlms said:

Anyone got any clues as to what anyone might want with 1600 cotton buds?

I get through them quite quickly when weathering multiple items of rolling stock.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

I get through them quite quickly when weathering multiple items of rolling stock.

I didn't think of that. It's still unusual for subcontinental women to be weathering model railways.

But I guess you never know and shouldn't judge!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4