RMweb

Hattons Model Railways of Widnes (formerly Liverpool).

tractor_37260

• RMweb Gold

No Modelzone class 45’s though

I find somewhat bizarre to see 60532 Blue Peter, in wooden box, back in Stock with > 10 available..

It was released 9 years ago !

http://www.hattons.co.uk/26444/Bachmann_Branchline_20_2009_Class_A2_4_6_2_60532_Blue_Peter_in_BR_brunswick_green_wth_late_crest_in_wooden_b/StockDetail.aspx

But similarly this old nugget... the original Bachmann Warship.. D827 Kelly.. that was 2013.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/38477/Bachmann_Branchline_32_056DC_Class_42_Warship_D827_Kelly_in_BR_Blue_DCC_On_Board_/StockDetail.aspx

A quick search online reveals more than 100 items with more than 10 in stock, so it’s into the thousands of locos. Interestingly not many coaches or wagons seem to have listed.

Frustratingly for me, so far nothing to tempt me, I’ve either got it, don’t want it, or it’s over priced. I suspect at these rates it’s going to be a feast of the vat free overseas buyers, who cannot buy via ebay.

Edited by adb968008

The Heljan bones at £96 to 99 suddenly look attractive and the appearance of the Colas 66 and FGW 153, which were all popular when around the first time (the latter two that is). 

There are a couple of LM 350's as well at the original bargain price.

unfortunately, Hornby have had my fill for the foreseeable future and the wife has made that clear :angel: .

Unlikely to be from Olivia's as they display and test all their stock and Hattons clearly states:

'None of the items being re-listed have been used in any way and are as-new from the factory'.

Only at time of sale, not when they arrive in stock! Ive bought from them and they ask if you want it tested if you are there in the shop then will test it for you

Yet............

Coaches have started appearing - namely East Coast Mk4 and ATW Mk3's (well they appear in the new stock section). Anything harder to come by, will I am sure, be inflated in price no doubt.

Only at time of sale, not when they arrive in stock! Ive bought from them and they ask if you want it tested if you are there in the shop then will test it for you

That's not what they told me when I rang them up last year. They said everything is tested the moment they receive it from the supplier.

We've established it isn't Modelzone as there is newer stuff, its from Olivia's Trains - they have lots of old limited editions etc in stock (including Modelzone any others)

Not all Olivia's, as this was a limited addition from Invicta Model Rail

https://www.hattons.co.uk/259855/Bachmann_Branchline_31_267Z_Class_419_Motor_Luggage_Van_MLV_in_BR_blue_Limited_Edition_for_Invicta_Model_Ra/StockDetail.aspx

Which now seems to be sold out at Invicta.

http://www.invictamodelrail.com/bargain-31-267z-exclusive-Bachmann-class-419-br-blue-s68004-sold-out-3602-p.asp

As i've said before Olivia's have LE's from multiple retailers - if you look they have the Invicta MLV in stock and have had a while. They also have the AMRSS 47, the Modelzone HST, the DPS 47 etc etc - they must buy them and sit on them - so there are from Olivia's as well and Hattons said one retailers not multiple

• RMweb Premium

Yay ordered some mk4s @£14 for my VTEC extension project. Prices substantially undercut most that were listed on eBay,restaurant cars in particular. By going for the East Coast version I think I’ve got the correct roof Colouring, so might save a bit of work

• Like 2

Colas 66’s went quick.

They seemed to have all gone by 2pm. I think they had 8 last night. I'm wondering if the stock indicator for some of this new stock is entirely accurate

Edited by Ouroborus

• RMweb Gold

Just browsing tonight and some of the items seemed to have hiked up in price too.

One I was looking at recently has suddenly shot up from £59 to £95. I checked through my purchases of new items from other places over the past year or so and found that all of the ones that Hattons have just listed were purchased cheaper at other box shifters, model shops and a local toy shop. Only the Black Motor is offered at less than when I bought it, and that was at the time of first release. 

I don't get how Hatton's got hold of 11 Hornby Colas 56's (both versions combined) when they were long sold out via model shops, seriously I had searched last year for them and didn't find a single one and now there is 5 of R3265 & 6 of R3291XS just out of nowhere...just don't get it and how whoever provided them didn't sell them previously???

Their Hornby Class 67 prices are all over the shop, some decent and some over priced considering the amount of stock they have, wouldn't mind 67016 but not paying £130 for it.

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Premium

I don't get how Hatton's got hold of 11 Hornby Colas 56's (both versions combined) when they were long sold out via model shops, seriously I had searched last year for them and didn't find a single one and now there is 5 of R3265 & 6 of R3291XS just out of nowhere...just don't get it and how whoever provided them didn't sell them previously???

You mustn't have looked hard enough....

http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Hornby-diesel-electrics/Hornby-class-56/Hornby-r3291xs-class-56-094-in-colas-rail-livery/

http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Hornby-diesel-electrics/Hornby-class-56/Hornby-r3265-class-56-087-in-colas-rail-livery/

There is a clue in the links as to where Hattons have apparently got their stock from.........

Cheers.

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Yeah ok saw them at Olivia's, had a chuckle and didn't find them anywhere else but eventually ended up getting great prices for these two elsewhere with some further digging around.

I see Olivia's hoarding business model is starting to bite hence it all getting chucked over to Hatton's to offload.

• RMweb Premium

I don't get how Hatton's got hold of 11 Hornby Colas 56's (both versions combined) when they were long sold out via model shops, seriously I had searched last year for them and didn't find a single one 

Yeah ok saw them at Olivia's, had a chuckle and didn't find them anywhere else but eventually ended up getting great prices for these two elsewhere with some further digging around.

post-408-0-04299400-1521844002_thumb.jpg

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1