The next Ixion loco - what do you want?

81A Oldoak

• RMweb Premium

Nielsen Pug - see posts 275/276.  Bellerophon - see post 267.  Getting some momentum now!!!

Not as many mentions as the Ivatt tank...oh hang on, those are all suggestions by me... I can tell Chris is seriously considering it though;-p

The next pure Ixion loco is the New South Wales Government Railways 32 Class 4-6-0 in HO, which has been announced and is at the advanced 3D CAD stage. Ixion is working with a new enterprise that is producing a RTR 0 gauge loco. The first iteration of 3D CAD drawings is due to be delivered in the next few days. An announcement about the loco and the new enterprise will be made at the GOG event at Kettering on 7 March 2015.

Returning to the general thread, the 03 and 04 diesels have also been across the desk. The main question is how many Bachmann and DJH versions have been sold. I have a Bachmann 03 so what happens to that and all the others in cirrculation? The 2021 GWR pannier is an interesting suggestion with open and enclosed cabs and a very long life. Hmmm.

We can, of course, supply any almost any locomotive for £100,000 to £120,000 each and will even throw in 999 free locos to go with it.

CK 

• RMweb Gold

The next pure Ixion loco is the New South Wales Government Railways 32 Class 4-6-0 in HO, which has been announced and is at the advanced 3D CAD stage. Ixion is working with a new enterprise that is producing a RTR 0 gauge loco. The first iteration of 3D CAD drawings is due to be delivered in the next few days. An announcement about the loco and the new enterprise will be made at the GOG event at Kettering on 7 March 2015.

Returning to the general thread, the 03 and 04 diesels have also been across the desk. The main question is how many Bachmann and DJH versions have been sold. I have a Bachmann 03 so what happens to that and all the others in cirrculation? The 2021 GWR pannier is an interesting suggestion with open and enclosed cabs and a very long life. Hmmm.

We can, of course, supply any almost any locomotive for £100,000 to £120,000 each and will even throw in 999 free locos to go with it.

CK 

Are you trying to tempt me Chris :nono: :nono:

I did wonder about the Jinty but as a GW man I am not too sure about how widespread they were. But the 2021 is interestin... oh! bu99er I already have an Underhill one with a saddletank and a scorpio kit for a a 16xxST.

Don

Returning to the general thread, the 03 and 04 diesels have also been across the desk. The main question is how many Bachmann and DJH versions have been sold. I have a Bachmann 03 so what happens to that and all the others in circulation?

Their owners will be happy to keep them, as they wouldn't have bought/constructed them if they didn't want them. however, for those that couldn't afford brass R.T.R. or are unable to build kits, a lovely Ixion model would be the ideal solution. :)

Also, a 'modern' diesel shunter might just be what draws in those modellers that were brought up in the diesel era of British Rail to finally turn to 0 gauge.

I've always been partial to a Ruston 48ds... widespread, successful, canny little shunters with the advantage that they are so small you could sneak one back in the house with raising the suspicions of the 'significant other'!

CK 

Just wondering if I can save up £120000 for a Bulldog, a Dukedog or Manor...  Doubtful...  but    Yes to the 2021 at a normal Ixion price :) 

Since everybody is asking what they want, I thought I can also do that.

I would like and S-160 RTR in case Steve Fay will ran into difficulties. :angel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USATC_S160_Class

International prototype, ran in so many countries on almost all continents..........

STEVE!!!! Tell me that you are moving forward!!!! :help:

Their owners will be happy to keep them, as they wouldn't have bought/constructed them if they didn't want them. however, for those that couldn't afford brass R.T.R. or are unable to build kits, a lovely Ixion model would be the ideal solution. :) Also, a 'modern' diesel shunter might just be what draws in those modellers that were brought up in the diesel era of British Rail to finally turn to 0 gauge.

Agreed - just because there are 'x' number of, say, Class 08 models already owned, doesn't neccesarily mean everyone who wants an O scale 08 has already got one, & there are a few reasons why - e.g;

Bachmann - possible inaccuracies, expensive & needs painting.

JLTRT - Very expensive, needs building & painting.

Agenora(?) - possible innaccuracies, brass, needs building & painting

MMP - needs building & painting, probably best model & value for money but frightening amount of detail might put some off?

All the above just my opinion, but all reasons why I don't have a Class 08.. yet...

Agreed - just because there are 'x' number of, say, Class 08 models already owned, doesn't neccesarily mean everyone who wants an O scale 08 has already got one, & there are a few reasons why - e.g;

Bachmann - possible inaccuracies, expensive & needs painting.

JLTRT - Very expensive, needs building & painting.

Agenora(?) - possible innaccuracies, brass, needs building & painting

MMP - needs building & painting, probably best model & value for money but frightening amount of detail might put some off?

All the above just my opinion, but all reasons why I don't have a Class 08.. yet...

I agree - if ixion were to announce an 08 then I would cancel my advance order for a Dapol one immediately, I have little faith in Dapol and am sure Ixion would do a better/quicker job of it

I'M SURE AS NICE AS SOME OF OUR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE TO HAVE, THAT IXION WONT WANT TO MIX IT WITH OTHER PRODUCERS IN WHAT AFTER ALL IS A hobby MARKET. They are also in collaboration with one of them on other matters and that would make it awkward if they were to go into direct competition with them.

But..................... I too would take an Ixion 08 anytime based on their previous models' quality.

Regards

Are we any nearer to finding out what the next loco will be?

Rod

Ixion is working with a new enterprise that is producing a RTR 0 gauge loco. The first iteration of 3D CAD drawings is due to be delivered in the next few days. An announcement about the loco and the new enterprise will be made at the GOG event at Kettering on 7 March 2015.

Martyn.

DJH already do a nice kit or RTR, the kit is reasonably priced.

Key word being "kit", of course.... as much of an anathema to 'old school' O-scalers as it may be, & for various reasons - not always to do with lack of skill to build a kit - some of us really rather prefer, & want, R-T-R. ;)

Key word being "kit", of course.... as much of an anathema to 'old school' O-scalers as it may be, & for various reasons - not always to do with lack of skill to build a kit - some of us really rather prefer, & want, R-T-R. ;)

I know what you are saying, my thinking was that Ixion would be better served by producing a RTR model that didnt duplicate existing models (either RTR or Kit). The DJH RTR 03 is pricey but very nice indeed, gaining many words of praise from MRJ a few years back.

I know what you are saying, my thinking was that Ixion would be better served by producing a RTR model that didnt duplicate existing models (either RTR or Kit). The DJH RTR 03 is pricey but very nice indeed, gaining many words of praise from MRJ a few years back.

There is a myriad of locos that have not been produced in either RTR or kit format for 0 Gauge. The challenge is to identify the very, very small number that have the potential to generate sufficient sales (1,000-1,500) to make mass  production commercially viable.

Archived