Bakewell - Peak District Line BR - Layout Views

Alister_G

Morning Al, thanks for the Vids, I'm sure once all the track is clean it will be better but as it is, it shows what a great job you've done to the overall feel of a great little layout.

Well done mate.

Bodge

Morning Al,

Very clever work as always, sadly I don't need any dry stone walls in my chosen location! Thanks for the pictures, I particularly love the Jubilee by the guards van - check my avatar image to see why!

Look forward to the next episode,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 1

Hi Al thanks for the video. Was there sound? My 'puter didn't give any.

This is a youngster friendly website! The Hand of God, learn new swearword version is available by subscription elsewhere...

(tee hee, C6T.)

• RMweb Gold

This is a youngster friendly website! The Hand of God, learn new swearword version is available by subscription elsewhere...

(tee hee, C6T.)

You don't know how true that is!

(or perhaps you do...  ) :)

This is one of the reasons I was glad to learn to use Windows Movie Maker having found it on my laptop.  I didn't have to shoot all my films as one long take (which required frantic removal of stock out of shot to let the next train come through) and could edit out the cursing, huffing, puffing and interruptions when people came in to see what I was doing! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I haven't had chance to work on the layout for a few days, but this evening I've added a few bits of scenery round the station, and taken loads more photos, so please enjoy these.

post-17302-0-86688300-1407534211_thumb.jpg

There's obviously more work to do here...

post-17302-0-35929600-1407534216_thumb.jpg

post-17302-0-87493900-1407534213_thumb.jpg

post-17302-0-48551200-1407534218_thumb.jpg

post-17302-0-62954300-1407534220_thumb.jpg

post-17302-0-00916300-1407534223_thumb.jpg

post-17302-0-15052400-1407534225_thumb.jpg

post-17302-0-36855000-1407534227_thumb.jpg

post-17302-0-48926400-1407534229_thumb.jpg

post-17302-0-99803100-1407534231_thumb.jpg

post-17302-0-76067000-1407534252_thumb.jpg

post-17302-0-85821100-1407534254_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Al.

• Like 19

Evening Al,

What you call 'a few bits of scenery' have done a great job in terms of the amount of atmosphere added. Beginning to come together very well - I look forward to the next episode,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Those bare trees need a little glop on the trunks so you can't see the twists.....of some lower foliage to hide it.

I talk from experience as I have the same problem over AV, and as your work gets further long those things start to annoy the 'ell out of you.

Am liking your green fluff colouring, very believable where the chemical train has been along and there is die back track side.

Still love those station lamps as well.

• RMweb Gold

I've not done any modelling this weekend, and won't be doing any for a bit, as I've got to sort out the consequences of this:

post-17302-0-61440000-1407746962_thumb.jpg

Nobody hurt, but my pride, and ultimately my wallet will suffer for a bit.

There's always something...

Al.

• RMweb Gold

How did you manage that?

At least with the dry stone wall, you know how to repair it although you will need a lot of cat litter and PVA :D

Lol! :D

Sharp bend, on the brow of a hill, and a big patch of standing water right on the apex.

result: extreme off-roading...

How did you manage that?

At least with the dry stone wall, you know how to repair it although you will need a lot of cat litter and PVA :D

I'm sorry Al, that really IS a CATastrophe, but Sandside's comment really did have me chuckling

Al,

Terribly sorry to view the results of your mishap - a lot of people out there in 4WD vehicles believe that they never suffer from aquaplaning but your experience shows how wrong they can be. We've all done it at least once, let's just hope that you get it all sorted and back to modelling very soon. As long as no-one is hurt, when all is said and done, it's only a metal box and a good body shop will soon have it repaired to your satisfaction. Hope your insurance company react in a fast and efficient manner commensurate with the amount of money they see fit to charge! If you have any problems in that area (I was MD of my own Renault dealership for several years), I would be very pleased to help if I can.

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jock,

Thanks very much for your concern, and for your offer.

I like to think of myself as a better driver than most (don't we all) having driven emergency service vehicles for twenty years without mishap, and have seen the results of 4x4 drivers who think themselves immune to bad weather on many occasions, but at the end of the day, it only takes one lapse of concentration and there we are balanced on a wall :)

It's a road I travel every week, in all weathers, and I would have said I could judge what would be a safe speed on that bend, given the weather conditions, but on this occasion, I was obviously wrong! :O

We were always taught that a vehicle may aquaplane at anything over 45 MPH (dependant on various factors like tyre tread, water depth, vehicle weight etc) but I think I've just proved it can happen slower than that :(

Ah well, as you say, it's only a lump of metal, and we learn every day...

I'm angry with myself, and thankful that it wasn't worse and I didn't injure my daughter, who was in the car with me.

Cheers,

Al.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Al,

Oh no! Rotten luck mate, blame this awful Yank weather for that!!!

Hope it all goes well for you now.

Cheers,

John.

Thanks John, just have to see what the insurance decide now.

Al.