Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hornby P2

Dick Turpin

£12.97 with P&P still seems a good deal, thanks for the heads up.

Regards,

John

Sadly, £38 posted to Oz is not so attractive. :O 

If any others are going to grab this Hornby bargain, and are interested in assisting by on-forwarding two additional X9108's, it's worth my while paying for the 2 motors, and your £4.98 domestic postage costs as well as any Royal Mail small packet to Oz costs - pls PM if you're in a position to assist.

Cheers

Scott

I know there's been an unreasonable delay since I first mooted these, but if you can hang on just a couple more months until I've got other jobs out of the way these prototypes will be stripped down and tidied up to produce masters for mostly-resin (plus etched valve gear) conversions of Cock o' the North, for those willing to do a little modelling for themselves.

post-3445-0-13603900-1455973230_thumb.jpg

post-3445-0-19611500-1455973176_thumb.jpg

The fact that 2001's name could be typed normally on here was surely established a very long time ago?

Edited by gr.king
  • Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Solved problem of my P2 out of control front pony truck that had a mind of its own like a supermarket trollies front wheels.

I have fitted a 10mm X 3mm nut on top of the pony truck held in place with blue tack that as done the job she runs all

day without derailing on my radius 4 curves that have a R600 straight in middle . None of my 4-6-2s ever have derailed  

there only the P2.

Edited by DonnyRailMan

The P2 looks good but the P2 with the A4 nose jus as the hedge in style.

I might steal that as the first couple of lines of a song after the style of Woody Guthrie...

"Well, the P2 looks good,

but the P2 with the A4 nose

jus as the hedge in style.

Don't know what that means

guess I'll set and think about it

for a while."

:jester:

• Like 1

The P2 looks good but the P2 with the A4 nose jus as the hedge in style.

I know what you mean.

When CoTN comes off a curve, I always find that the hedge catches in the smoke deflectors and you end up with twiglets all over the place.  No such problems with an A4 in the same situation!  :senile:

(But a R600 bracketed by R605s is sheer masochism. I wouldn't trust a Sentinel to go round that safely!)

Hehehehehe...

Edited by Hroth

Completed trials of the coach pulling power of Cock O The North  on my lay-out the other day now

my P2 as the X 9108 motor fitted . She now can pull a proper train with a rake of 16 coaches.

8 Pullmans Coaches, 8 Royal Coaches. I was more than happy with that, I tried 17 coaches but

was a bit tight with that size rake radius 4s with a R 600 short straight in middle of curve. 

• Like 3