If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

First reactions?

Andy Y

This is all very well, but what has happened to the record of my past membership and hundreds of postings, something should be done to restore the records and sort this out?

What have I been telling people for the last 2 weeks?

WDIFB.

As an established member( NOW REDUCED TO ZERO) I am a bit confused to say the least as to new postings as all the old post references have disappeared and posting here is not easy to understand at all.

How is a general(to be available to be read by all) new post to be made as before, or does a posting have to be specific to a subject and may be lost without trace?

Blogs mean nothing to me, I have never used them, or read them, and the old arrangement was fine.

I am willling to learn, but this change has already cost me the postings I made before, and I am simply lost on how to start a new post to replace the missing ones.

This is deeply concerning,(only within RM), not the real world.

Stephen

• RMweb Premium

One of the poll options perfectly says it for me: Not sure but I think it'll grow on me.

Very used to being a creature of habit and popping on the old site, clicking on 'View new posts', having a browse at those regular posts I know, then popping off again without saying much.

The split between Forums and Blogs seems a very logical split to me, so just need to get used to having two areas to check for new posts, although can see this being useful based on my past habits to help go straight to areas I'm more interested in.

Can see the blogs structure encouraging me to post some more myself.

I will say though a big well done and thanks to Andy for all the hard work in creating this evolution.

• RMweb Premium

As an established member( NOW REDUCED TO ZERO) I am a bit confused to say the least as to new postings as all the old post references have disappeared and posting here is not easy to understand at all.

There is no "post count" any more (arguably a positive thing) but I am certain with the quality of information you habitually post your "reputation" (the thing that is currently 0 for most of us) will soon be heading upwards.

Is there any way to get a consolidated view of new posts AND blog updates together?

How is a general(to be available to be read by all) new post to be made as before, or does a posting have to be specific to a subject and may be lost without trace?

The General area is no more, it was used as a dumping ground, we're asking people to think a little harder where to put stuff precisely so it doesn't get lost without a trace.

As an established member( NOw REDUCED TO ZERO) I am a bit confused to say the least as to new postings as all the old post references have disappeared and posting here is not easy to understand at all.

No they haven't; they're all still where they were (the old site is temporarily locked due to server issues. Whether anyone had to re-register or not the same applies to all - old content is on the old forum.

but this change has already cost me the postings I made before,
No it hasn't, see above.

I am willling to learn
I asked people to take 2/3 days to acclimatise, you'll find it gets easier. You'd been in here 19 minutes at that point.

Is there any way to get a consolidated view of new posts AND blog updates together?

There isn't anyway but I definitely want to keep them distinct from each other. The blogs would get lost amongst the topic traffic.

Well I just got here a few minutes ago and have had a quick look around. :icon_wow: In general I'm a luddite and don't like change...however, with age I've learned to give new formats time to grow on me, so I'm sure that by the end of the weekend I'll get used to this new site and enjoy it as much as I did the the old one :D :D

Cheers

Gene :icon_thumbsup2:

• RMweb Gold

i'm feeling very lost at the moment, but I think I'm going to enjoy finding my way around again :)

If this posts successfully then I've started to find me feet already. Well done everybody involved in the set-up.

Well I was one of those folks who had to re-register - not really an issue, it allowed me to have a semi-directed way to ensure my profile, etc were up to date.

A big thank you to Andy and the fine staff of garden railway gnomes for putting together a very nice place.

I'm still exploring, but you get a big thumbs up from me.

Bill, known as Gil somedays ... B)

Sorry but this is confusing me at the moment, I am sure it will work out, but

A : I have know idea where to post things,

B : I have know idea as before to check latest postings for replies.

I understand that previous forum post can be transferred, but where to? Do I have to start a "Blog" or is it entered in the forum as before?

Does this mean every "blog" will have to be looked separately at for latest replies and answers, or is there a place where all replies are shown and recorded as before?

Stephen

Guest dilbert

The essence of the previous forum has been kept - and a whole host of new features to wander thru that a couple of days of exploration and experimentation make for some minor adjustments in how I will use the site.

This is similar to my new car - it has an electronic as opposed to a mechanical handbrake. A bit strange at first, but adapting to this was not difficult...dilbert

I always deal with any change by initially hating it, then I tend to get used to it (which normally takes a while) then decide that its not so bad after all.

At stage 1 at the moment but will persevere in the hope that stage 2 comes quickly! Not sure what I don't like, probably too used to the old rmweb. Not very helpfull I know.

And I had to re-register!

Archived