Great Gathering A4 Collection

G-BOAF

Thanks you just reminded me that I have got to finish renumbering, lettering with steel plates and naming one of my A4 locos. The Bittern project will have to wait in line as that needs a bit more work on it like detailing as it is a railroad model.

• RMweb Gold

The cabinets were available at full price outside of the Hornby deal.

I've still not got mine from my great gathering set :(

Looking at my records my paperwork for the Great Gathering was submitted to Picture Pride in the middle of February.

About a month ago I phoned Picture Pride and once they had located my paperwork was told that my cabinet was in the next lot to be produced. Nothing was heard for a couple of weeks until a guy from UK Mail was at the front door with a big package for me.

Have just checked my internet banking and see that the cheque was debited to my account on July 27th.....not long before the cheque would have been out of date!!

Keith

• 1 month later...

Looking at my records my paperwork for the Great Gathering was submitted to Picture Pride in the middle of February.

About a month ago I phoned Picture Pride and once they had located my paperwork was told that my cabinet was in the next lot to be produced. Nothing was heard for a couple of weeks until a guy from UK Mail was at the front door with a big package for me.

Have just checked my internet banking and see that the cheque was debited to my account on July 27th.....not long before the cheque would have been out of date!!

Keith

Can the cases still be bought full price? if so , where from?  thanks

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any answers on my above question? I'd be most grateful if someone could help.  thanks

In theory yes they can, from the company who now trade as Picture Pride Displays .  As one of the early applicants who never got a case though, I'm certainly not recommending their service.  Pay by credit card and at least you'll be able to claim back if you find yourself in the same boat.

I spoke to them last month about the cabinet for my set. IThey apparently have a massive back log as they are still on the great gathering cabinets never mind the goodbye sets.

I get the feeling they have had some internal issues but they have been very good when I called.them and have reassured they will deliver, just not in the timescales expected.

The great gathering cabinets are £119 if I remember rightly.

I placed an order for one back in May and have still not got it. I spoke to them 2 weeks ago and they said it should be ready in 2 weeks. I'll be calling my them on Monday, I bet it still won't be ready though ...... Lol

I'll post a pic on here once I've got it

Has anyone noticed Hornby are selling off the remaining 8 'Great Goodbye' sets?  It's no surprise that they don't come with the option to send off for a case !!

Yeah, I had an email from them earlier about them. £999 each

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived