Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Guest jim s-w

Hi All

A quick one from me - a couple of evenings and some buts form the scrap box resulted in this -

bus%20stop%20finished.jpg

More OMWB thread (address in sig)

Cheers

Jim

• Like 8

Hi All

A quick one from me - a couple of evenings and some buts form the scrap box resulted in this -

Cheers

Jim

Jim,

Shouldn't that be a "Special Brew" can on the roof for 100% authenticity?

Best, Pete

• Like 1

They were always a bit more cultured than that in Brum I think :lol:

The glazing has the authentic vandal proof perspex or whatever, yellowing just starting to occur on some of it's panes which will be helped by a thousand school kids scratchings and burns....God, I get the chills from that bus stop.....mission accomplished :lol:

Guest jim s-w

Jim,

Shouldn't that be a "Special Brew" can on the roof for 100% authenticity?

Best, Pete

I dunno if its because I dont drink but I only seem to associate cans with soft drinks!

Cheers

Jim

I think we've just found the secret to Jim's prolific output - if I lay off the beer, maybe I'll get more done!!!biggrin.gif

Doesn't always work like that - I don't drink, and I'm still prevaricating about my layout rather than getting on with it ;)

They were always a bit more cultured than that in Brum I think :lol:

The glazing has the authentic vandal proof perspex or whatever, yellowing just starting to occur on some of it's panes which will be helped by a thousand school kids scratchings and burns....God, I get the chills from that bus stop.....mission accomplished :lol:

Have to agree with Andrew - the polycarbonate, or whatever looks spot on Jim, asdoes the can on the roof.

I have to tell you Jim - you have arrived !!!

You have delivered a perfect replica of inner city Brummy life, apart from maybe a few dog ends and a "pavement pizza" on the kerb.

Well done mate

Guest jim s-w

I think we've just found the secret to Jim's prolific output - if I lay off the beer, maybe I'll get more done!!!biggrin.gif

Hi Jon

Aside from the grand prix I never turn the tv on before 11:30pm. That might be the difference maker

Cheers

Jim

Hi All

Cheers

Jim

Very nice Jim, I love the shade of West Midlands blue with the distress through use of the poles. Just as I remember.

Just needs a nice Metro in blue and cream standing adjacent. (Maybe at a terminus with my Dad standing up changing the blinds.......)

• Like 3

I do like that image, Simon, nice misty, sepia effect on the shed too!

Is the working - in 1963 - a special charter over the S&MJR?

Thanks Captain :)

It's meant to be a recreation of a photograph I've found of the "Wandering 1500" railtour, 1963, Willesden to Willesden. I've been reading an account, titled "Is that you Butcher?" from Steam World Magazine. It's gripping stuff, and since my B12 was 61572 anyway, I've been modifying it to try and recreate the engine, as it was when it did that railtour.

• RMweb Gold
I've been reading an account, titled "Is that you Butcher?"

That'll be my friend David Butcher, if you found his articles interesting, I'd recommend his railway career autobiography 'From Steam to Stone', published by Oakwood Press

Still an active modeller, David has a huge knowledge of railways and their operations and is one of life's true gentlemen.

• Like 1

That'll be my friend David Butcher, if you found his articles interesting, I'd recommend his railway career autobiography 'From Steam to Stone', published by Oakwood Press

Thanks Captain - when the next pay cheque comes in, I'll grab myself a copy :)

Still an active modeller, David has a huge knowledge of railways and their operations and is one of life's true gentlemen.

Add to that an eloquent and humorous writer - I haven't been able to put these articles on the B12's run down for at least a week. They have some spectacular photographs too :) April and May editions, 2007. I was lucky to pick them up in the old Loughborough Book Shop (sadly gone).