Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Guest TomTank

One from me

Picton Whiske Sheds, 1954

210720102134.jpg

No digital manipulation here.....just the smoke machine and layout.

• Like 17

Many years ago there was a bridge over the railway, at a place called Hessle Haven, just outside Hull on the mainline going to all points west. It was a railway kind of place with lots of intricate pointwork and three of those wonderful McKenzie and Holland gantries and signal bridges.

As kids we would spend hours and days at this place, just watching the never ending procession of trains. So this was the view from Gasworks or Shipyard bridge looking west through the down gantry.

This photo confounds all of the 4mm norms - too close, very dark, etc. but, hopefully it conveys just something of the atmosphere of the steam railway of the 1950's.

Everything on here is scratch built.

Cheers

Mike

post-3150-127990683496.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

One from me

Picton Whiske Sheds, 1954

210720102134.jpg

No digital manipulation here.....just the smoke machine and layout.

That's marvellous, that is - very reminiscent of one of the shed shots in one of Robert Adley's books.

• Like 3

Guest TomTank

Thanks for kind words Barry Ten.

That show as one of those serendipty moments, might have to have a look at that book you mention :)

Tom

Loving it, are those DPM frontages, reworked to look more British?

Yep, use the front, pitched roof fitted, interiors added and minor details changed/added. Lighting installed and computer generated signage added.

Couple of colour ones

post-7067-12802995421_thumb.jpg

post-7067-128029955255_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Anonymous -t hat's wonderful! What have you used for the scenic treatment in the foreground? I'm guessing there is static grass, but what is the bush material on the right, and the lovely weeds/flowers in the middle? :)

As a photo it's also very evocotive - very similar to some of the snaps in my Industrial Railways in the North West book, with a view through the overgrown forground of a tired work horse :) Excellent - my vote for photo of the week!

i totally agree with james great atmosphere about this pic and i love the way the scenery is the focal point of the pic and not just the loco, great work, definatly my vote for photo of the week

regards

neil