Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

"It's early 2001 and in three years the Crompton has changed hands and the yards fallen out of use - with just a lone Seacow waiting for attention from the mobile wagon repair people..."

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/blog/10/entry-4292-paxton-yard-and-the-grass-grows/

gallery_6671_16_20899.jpg

Photo taken with timed exposure and then cropped in iPhoto and re-sized. No other manipulation :)

• Like 2

'En route down to Sharpness Docks I popped into Frampton to see if there was anything "rustling the undergrowth"...

4841754422_7b5a1ebe42_b.jpg

With camera in hand, luck would have it that 33 025 "Sultan" was running around its train load of vans which included a Shocvan on its last legs.

• Like 15

One from me

Picton Whiske Sheds, 1954

210720102134.jpg

No digital manipulation here.....just the smoke machine and layout.

Wow - this shot's got bags of atmosphere. I love the effect here with the diffused smokey light - especially with how it effects the way the lamps appear in a softer way. The 'tucked under' look of the front ponies on both locos give it away as a model but I think the atmosphere really makes up for it.

• Like 3

A wow from me for that one Andrew (and for Rich's above). Some of the content in this topic gets better and better.

I can just hear those baby sulzers !!!!

Fantastic work Gents.

just trying to keep the code 100 out of shot.

DSCF7115.jpg

I think this is one of the best photos in this thread - it looks superb! Very realistic and not just a model photo like the majority of photos on the thread.

By the way, can we see more of your stuff please? :)

• Like 2

I think this is one of the best photos in this thread - it looks superb! Very realistic and not just a model photo like the majority of photos on the thread.

By the way, can we see more of your stuff please? :)

I don't want to sound like some sort of stalker of Andrew, but I'll add another attempt to persuade him to post some of those fantastic scenes I've seen elsewhere on the net. ;)

• Like 1

DSCF7115.jpg

I copied this pic before reading to the end of the topic, so apologies for yet another showing. All I can say is-

magnificent :D :D

I have been following progress on this elsewhere, and am delighted that it has surfaced here. We are in for a surfeit of delights if Andrew can be persuaded to expand on his work.

Richard

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

DSCF7115.jpg

One of those rare moments when you do a double or triple take just to make sure! As cropped for the POTW (losing the slight depth of field problem on the canopy) there is really not much to give that away as a model. The "wet" on the platform is superb.

• Like 1

DSCF7115.jpg

When I saw this on the front page a moment ago, I truly thought Andy had snuck in a prototype photo just to keep us on our toes.

Any superlative I could muster just won't do it justice. ...

• Like 1

May-bee not as 'posh' as your finished models, but any one thats local to Redcar should reconize it, any way its a before shot, you'll have to wait some time for the after photo. Redcar got sidetracked because of a silly venture into Nethertown cool.gif

post-8869-128092728028.jpg

mr B .. modeling his local station