Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

how about a rule that pics have to have x amount of green clicks before they can go in the gallery?

Sadly I can't set up an automatic migration but if I can get people to use the gallery rather than the topic it will be much better over extended periods of time.

• RMweb Gold

With the thread version, when a new item is entered, it pops up on the 'Active content' list, and users can choose to visit or not.

With a Gallery, yes pictures will appear at the top of the home page, but they will be intermingled with other members' gallery entries, so it will not be as easy to spot which are 'realistic' pictures and which aren't.

Whilst Michael's idea of a 'green click' minimum is good, there are several posts with multiple photos, some of which are excellent, but some of which are not as realistic (not just my opinion...) - how would a process determine which ones would be suitable for the gallery ?

For what it's worth, I think Andy's original idea of manually pruning this thread is probably the best, although it is an onerous task. (May be A.N.Other could be recruited to help ?)

Stu

The only problem I can foresee in replacing the thread with a gallery album is that there is no function (that I’m aware of) in the Galleries to go to the first new / unviewed image in the way you can go directly to the first unread post in a thread. I presume the gallery is sorted on upload date but even so, when the gallery grows to a few hundred images, I wouldn’t be keen on trawling through them all to find new ones…

• 1 month later...

Nice work!

I think you've made a good job of the kit,

the home made transfers look a treat.

And I think when on display in its' case -

it looks all the better for being sat in some scenery,

instead of on a bit of plain track, mounted onto bare wood!

Now to build a layout........?

Cheers

Marc

Took me a while since your comment, but I've just finished a diorama.(I posted the whole lot up on Flickr if the following RMWeb links don't work.) http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/32024-dscf0485/

DSCF0485

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Afraid I've no idea how to Photoshop in a sky behind this kind of backdrop.  Ipswich's D5537 visits the Chilterns after she's been in service for a couple of years.  (I know the couplings are wrong but until I go through a whole load of stock I'm keep the originals until I work out sets).

D5537side800px_zps3ca1427c.jpg

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

This has been posted elsewhere but I'm rather pleased with it - credit to Paul Willis of S4Soc for creating the B/W version of a photo I took of Humber Dock. B/W seems very appropriate for an image of a 1950s subject.

post-4908-0-27219600-1368561306_thumb.jpg

Ian

• Like 11