Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Can anyone find anything wrong with Jon's first picture in post #1451 ???:blink:

I'm not wild about the grass tuft or the square vignette, but I love everything else about it. Brilliant colouring and composition, lovely ballast, and the natural background is very well-matched too. It looks like a proper lineside shot.

Not up to the standard of others here, but i like ittongue.gif

Just beautiful, especially with the little flare. Actually looks like it could be a prototype shot. Sometimes less is more!

Will

Thought I'd share something a little larger...

post-6671-0-06108800-1310241950_thumb.jpg

It's an LGB G scale (about 1:20ish, 45mm gauge track) model that I've bashed from a tender engine into a tank engine. The shed is scratchbuilt and the garden line was dreamed up in January and most construction completed in April.

What do you think? A load more in the 'Outdoor' group under my 'Introducing the EJ&KLR' thread - or my blog (http://ejklr.blogspot.com).

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Stubbster! Love your photo EXCEPT for the 'orrible window frames (the transoms and mullions - hey, getting technical here - I hope I'm right)!!!!!!

Too thick.

Best, Pete.

I quite agree - but they are what's supplied with the kit, and are far better than I could do (especially 4 times), so I stuck them in. I might try painting them black / dark grey, which might hide the thickness.

Cheers

Stu

• RMweb Gold

I quite agree - but they are what's supplied with the kit, and are far better than I could do (especially 4 times), so I stuck them in. I might try painting them black / dark grey, which might hide the thickness.

Would any of these fit, Stu?

I'm gradually working my way through this topic to prune it down to make it more readable for users. I am working my way through removing the following:

Posts which just compliment a previous entry*

Posts where the externally hosted image has disappeared

Posts where the image is of low quality

Posts where the model itself is nothing more than an out-of-the box model on set-track (I did like the recent 'How realistic is my shopping?' phrase).

* - this is way back in the topic and will be a continually moving timeframe of say 1 week behind where people can thank the poster of an image (although the + button is a more lasting recognition) but its relevance diminishes over time.

Therefore if you receive a notification to say a post has been deleted the above gives the reasons why.

This post will self destruct in a week or two when I've got through to the current date. :)

• Like 4

On further reflection I feel this popular feature may be better served by a Global Album which members can upload their images too. The album has been created here.

This means that feedback can be found within the context of that image and also features prominently on the board index page. It really is intended a means to showcase some of the most inspirational content and I hope that the new feature does work. If anyone wishes to upload any of their existing content into that album please feel free to do so.

Any uploaded images will then also feature in the Gallery preview at the top of the board index.

• Like 1