Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Andy, that looks truly superb!

I've definitely got to try the technique for the yellow lines, just looks so effective, nice pothole as well! Will definitely be getting the next BRM :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi Andy & James,

Thanks for posting up the pics Andy superb stuff.  Thanks for asking the question James, I was going to comment the other day when I saw Andy post then forgot what thread I had seen the pics on.

I will look out for the August BRM here in Oz it should be here by October. lol

Cheers Peter.

Hi

Very nice photo, it gives the impression of a low evening sun catching the locomotives side and the glow on the retaining wall and trees behind.

Was that your intention and how do you create it.

Regards

David

Thanks David. Yes, it was my intention.

Different parts of the layout are lit by the sun at different times of the day and year and during the summer months, the sun reaches far enough round to reach The Mound Tunnels, so if it's a sunny evening it's a good opportunity to take some photos of that part of the layout lit by the sun. It's all natural sunlight. I'm not good enough at photo editing to reproduce the effect any other way I'm afraid!

Cheers

Dave 

• Like 2

Although I do like your trains, Phil, I do also really like the way you have done the ground-cover on the cutting and hillside. The way you have represented the different grasses and bushes is very realistic together with the gateway.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy

Its the mix of colours and textures isn't it? Amongst visitors at the weekend was the artist Nick Trudgian who was making similar comments

Largely its scatter over hanging basket liner or scenic mat - nothing too fancy

Kind regards

Phil

How realistic is your modelling. Not as realistic as some - but I'm prepared to have a go.

N Gauge - well known for having no detail anyway. :blush_mini:

_DSC2914_zpslvfevfya.jpg

A really convincing scene - from which the scale does not detract at all - and a low viewpoint always helps. Got any more?

• Like 2

As we are outside, here's some outdoor 'modelling' (what we like to call 'caricature modelling'), Guinevere working hard on the gradient out of Hobbiton approaching the junction and Westwick Lodge Halt (or 'Westwick' for short as the platform isnt long enough for a full running-in-board) with a passenger train special. The Steam is real BTW, not photo-shopped :mosking:

Photo is the copyright of the author/photographer 2008

post-11256-0-74053500-1435493592.jpg

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher
  • Like 16