Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

now that looks like a blast from the past it looks so real you would think it came out of a book

Thanks for that Shaun. The only thing I would add is that it's rare to find such pictures in books - there is usually some kettle in the way. Odd little corners of mundane places with nothing unusual about them would have been considered a waste of film by most enthusiasts.

Chaz

Edited by chaz

Class 26 on vans.

Very nice. Just one comment if I may - the photographer is either ten feet tall or standing on a ladder.... I suspect your camera wouldn't allow a lower viewpoint. If you could get the lens closer to the platform - a scale five feet and a few inches - it would look even better.

• RMweb Gold

Very nice. Just one comment if I may - the photographer is either ten feet tall or standing on a ladder.... I suspect your camera wouldn't allow a lower viewpoint. If you could get the lens closer to the platform - a scale five feet and a few inches - it would look even better.

He's tipped a BRUTE over and is standing on that...  :declare:  :yes:

Thanks. Yes the camera was resting on the platform, my Iphone might get a better view. I will give it a go.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks. Yes the camera was resting on the platform, my Iphone might get a better view. I will give it a go.

Cheers Peter.

I remember standing on the ladder of a platform signal to take a few photos, back in the days before elf n safety or potential security risks (even though there were never any bins because the ira might blow up the station)

• Like 1

I remember standing on the ladder of a platform signal to take a few photos, back in the days before elf n safety or potential security risks (even though there were never any bins because the ira might blow up the station)

Indeed, pictures could be got from higher viewpoints, however the vast majority are/were taken standing with the camera at eye-height - unless you had a Rollei!   So (IMHO) a photo of a model has a bit more conviction if its viewpoint matches that, to scale. To carry the arguement forward a little lineside photos look better than "helicopter" shots.

post-3088-0-39580000-1431177326_thumb.jpg

My Hintock. My Dorset. c1937

No Photoshopping here. What you see is what you get.

• Like 19

Good evening all.

I am finally getting some of my Haymarket 64B MPD building together.

I enclose a photo of Haymarket's A3 60097 Humorist complete with photoshopped smoke standing between the main shed building and the water tank, both have been scratch built from archive photos.

Regards

David

post-6557-0-41143200-1432155335_thumb.jpg

Edited by landscapes
  • Like 19