Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, GRUNFOS said:

should be a lower quadrant signal though!

Hah, but is it the signalling, the line, the loco, the coaches or the haircuts that have been preserved!

Kev.

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

I'm not convinced either, it looks another Harry Potter based layout. If I'm not mistaken that's Mark Williams who plays Mr. Weasley  leaning out of the end door window on the third coach!

"You aint' seen me. Right!"  

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, PaulG said:

Restored GER Class C53 (LNE J70) and two W&U carriages seen here passing the Up Colchester junction signals, returning to Stratford Works, having just been part of the 1959 Colchester St Botolphs Railway Exhibition, along with Class 31 D5537, 70010 Owen Glendower and the J69 Liverpool Street Station pilot. 

The C53 and one of the carriages are scheduled for preservation as part of the National Collection, but history will show both were accidentally scrapped at Stratford Works, but the other coach will become a film star, an onion store, and eventually preserved on the North Norfolk Railway.

original_9356a6ba-76d6-4253-9596-6f9312e1ab87_20231221_151000.jpg.bafc101733ff487d3ea2961f103c3652.jpg

That's intresting so one of the C53 was supposed to be saved... how on earth did it get scrapped, I am surprised no-one has yet built a replica

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, John Besley said:

That's intresting so one of the C53 was supposed to be saved... how on earth did it get scrapped, I am surprised no-one has yet built a replica

From the GER Society C53 webpage: The last survivor was withdrawn in 1955 and was set aside at Stratford Works for preservation. However it was later cut up – seemingly in error. It was this incident that resulted in the formation of the Consultative Panel for the Preservation of Historical Transport Relics, and it is due largely to their efforts that so many significant locomotives and rolling stock form part of the National Collection today. Indeed, the late W.O. ‘Bill’ Skeat, who became the first vice-President of the GERS Society was a founder member of the panel, and the first locomotive that they were involved in saving for posterity was the GER 2-4-0 No. 490.

• Informative/Useful 5