Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, 6990WitherslackHall said:

If he was blind how would he build it?

Be careful. Just because someone has suffered sight loss or is partially sighted, it doesn't render them incapable of performing certain tasks............

Rob

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, 6990WitherslackHall said:

Isn't there someone in the US restoring one to airworthy condition? I remember reading about it a while ago.

There was, an American built, reproduction ME262 jet flying at the RIAT air show this year, first time in Europe, apparently one of several built, the Americans are really into military aircraft. How can I move this to a more correct thread?

messerschmitt_me262_750_97.jpg

Edited by fulton
correction
  • Like 4

Forgive the 'work in progress' nature of this one but this is as far as I ever got with the JLTRT 0 Gauge 50 kit I had several years ago, before selling it on. Lacking any real workbench space at the time, I concentrated on the cab interiors and decided to weather them in the state I remember them in working on them at Old Oak, despite most of it not being visible... 

JLTRT50cabparts.jpg.8fe1cff580b043ac7f4a71931b475d9b.jpg

• Like 17
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

22 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

A train today..

IMG_7294.jpg.9c838bd3d6c0adce193c851e15b91c41.jpg

The not entirely real train

Simon

When we used to go to various hill slopes, to fly r/c model gliders, People out for the fresh air and exercise, quite often stopped for a while and watched the flying.  One of the comments, amongst many others, about weather, radio control and such like, was - "That's / they're just like the real aeroplanes."  To which the most used response was, "It is a real aeroplane, just a smaller version of the full size ones."

It would seem that your picture may fall into the same reply category.  🤭 

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

When we used to go to various hill slopes, to fly r/c model gliders, People out for the fresh air and exercise, quite often stopped for a while and watched the flying.  One of the comments, amongst many others, about weather, radio control and such like, was - "That's / they're just like the real aeroplanes."  To which the most used response was, "It is a real aeroplane, just a smaller version of the full size ones."

It would seem that your picture may fall into the same reply category.  🤭 

Thank you very much for your comments.

In truth, it is a relatively small and quirky Gauge One layout built in a pretty steeply sloped garden with limited width. Although it was designed with "photographic angles" in mind, the fact that it is only half (or less) finished and that more planting is required to mask things like a fence, the shed and houses etc, there are currently limited opportunities for proper "realism".

One benefit of the steeply sloped garden is that quite a lot of it can be viewed and photographed from below, and shooting into the sky struck me as another way of avoiding visual distractions.

Distinctly unrealistic at 1/32 scale, but giving me great pleasure, is this chap who lives in the dock which runs across the base of whole scheme. He sat calmly in this position for a good quarter of an hour or so while we moved around and took photographs etc, before moving to the bottom of the dock. I presume he "lives" under the overhanging plants that have started growing into the water.

IMG_7277.jpg.039853b7f6bf79e075c5a3d8f9b27df8.jpg

IMG_7279.jpg.e0f925b8845faf71ea9ff21f228ddeef.jpg

It all lives in my imagination and keeps me more out of mischief than I would otherwise be....

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• 2 weeks later...