Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

N gauge Class 50

DapolDave

DCC Supplies have announced a LE commision of 50 015 in CE Dutch livery:

http://class50.dccsupplies.com/

I just hope these don't all land together, given that's 2 limited editions already - 007 and 015, and I can see a lot more coming. Bearing in mind for such a smallish class there is a vast number that are ideal for special editions.

007 in Green (done), 008 in Blue, 015 in Dutch (done), 019 in blue, 031 in Large Logo, 033 in NSE, 035 in NSE, 037 in Blue, 149 in grey, D400 in blue (either 1967 or 1992 style) and that's before you get to the preserved variations the 50 fund gave us - 2 tone green, loadhaul and intercity

Not that I am buying any now but if original then there needs to be TOPS named/unnamed versions plus extremely grotty weathering for when working on the Western.

Common sense would suggest the TOP's version had optional names to fit yourself, then you can have whichever suits your modelling era.

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

As these are still on course for third quarter 2018 isn't it time we were seeing evedence of how they're progressing?  

Given Dapol's recent history of showing progress shots, I doubt you will see anything before they come out. I would also not be holding my breath over the delivery date. 

• RMweb Gold

Well, apparently the Pacer was going to the shops last June, and it's still nowhere to be seen.

So maybe 2020?

Paul

This was posted on the Dapol Digest 2 weeks ago reference the 142:

We had an issue with the destruction testing on the model which has delayed release slightly. We should be going into production shortly though and I will post on here when we have a definitive date.

“Going into prodcution shortly” would suggest it is still some months away from the shops.

Tom.

• RMweb Premium

Posted on the N Gauge Forum here.

I was planning on joining the Dapol Collectors Club just so that I can acquire No.7 in green but I’m going to wait until I’m sure it will appear within my membership year.

Mmm, I must admit I signed up and thought that, but presumably if you placed a pre-order within the membership period they'd honour it. That would be incredibly poor PR not to. It would effectively monetise their delays.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

It would serve them right if Farish were secretly updating their class 50 & got them into the shops this year!

No, they won't do that--a new Peak is the next diesel from Farish!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Really? It's only eleven years ago since they first came out!

But the Peak requires updating to modern standards (DCC etc). The existing body is great, but the bogies are greatly over-width. Hopefully the development of the 40 will help produce what should be an equally popular model.

• RMweb Gold

But the Peak requires updating to modern standards (DCC etc). The existing body is great, but the bogies are greatly over-width. Hopefully the development of the 40 will help produce what should be an equally popular model.

Agreed; they'd probably get away using the existing tool for the body and updating the chassis and bogies. Having said that, I have three, so I'm not entirely convinced I'd buy anymore. So that may affect Farish's thinking if that was the consensus?

I believe we have gone rather of topic.

Edited by scottystitch

• RMweb Gold

Posted on the N Gauge Forum here.

Mmm, I must admit I signed up and thought that, but presumably if you placed a pre-order within the membership period they'd honour it. That would be incredibly poor PR not to. It would effectively monetise their delays.

Can anyone who is a member of the Collector's club confirm if the model of 50007 is available to order yet? If so, I’ll probably join up now.

Thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Can anyone who is a member of the Collector's club confirm if the model of 50007 is available to order yet? If so, I’ll probably join up now.
Thanks.

Yup, order form was emailed out early November - iirc it is also due to be included in the next club newsletter. Andrea is also taking card orders by 'phone.

Regards, Gerry.