Lynton & Barnstaple OO9 Loco from Heljan

Mike Bellamy

According to Hattons the models of Yeo, Exe & Taw are due between now and February. The models of Lew & Lyd are due between July & August.

First  Mentioned  above   are  reported  to be  due  to arrive  in Denmark early  next week ( ie  w/c 2-12-18)  this  is according to information  received by a  retailer  from Heljan

This  of  course  does not  mean  they will be  instantly  available to purchase!  Obviously  it  takes  time  to  sort,  pack  and distribute to the  retailers.

post-31247-0-09414400-1544188241_thumb.jpg

We have just been informed that the

9952 Lynton & Barnstaple 'Taw' Southern Green Locomotive No.761 is on the way to us and due in stock next week.

Also in the delivery is another small batch of the 9951 'Exe' No.760 locomotive

See them here:

https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/2533/on-the-way-from-Heljan

Edited by Oliver Rails

The cab is a separate part to the rest of the body, they designed it so they could do other versions. Whether they do so will depend on how well the versions already announced sell, amongst other things. It's probably too soon to make that decision, maybe sometime next year.

I suspect that nothing in that line has been planned as yet, but it might be worth a number interested taking the matter up with Heljan; they would need to appreciate that there was some demand.

Otherwise it seems a good bet for an after-market 3D printed cab and a transfer manufacturer.

The original cab would seem to get you early two very attractive L&B liveries spanning 1898 to circa 1913.

I noticed that on the Warley samples. I'm getting gladder and gladder that my two didn't arrive in the first batch!

Cheers

J

I had  THREE in  batch  one!  all failed  ( valve  gear)  no financial loss  though  well handled  by the  retailer,  I await  the  delivery hopefully in the  next  few  day!

I still think they are very handsome models, it’s a great pity that they have been so troubled by what appears to have been a quite straightforward issue...

Totally    agree,  for  that  reason  I  have  got  2 on  order...………. the  problems  with  the  first  batch  will hopefully  have disappeared.   I still Rate  the  MW  as  the  best (potentially) RTR 009  loco  produced  so far  ( Bachmann Baldwin  a  close  2nd).

Totally    agree,  for  that  reason  I  have  got  2 on  order...………. the  problems  with  the  first  batch  will hopefully  have disappeared.   I still Rate  the  MW  as  the  best (potentially) RTR 009  loco  produced  so far  ( Bachmann Baldwin  a  close  2nd).

Rtr 009 is quite astonishing at present. The Heljan MW, Bachman Baldwin 4-6-0 and Minitrains 2-6-2 are a very impressive lineup, along with the Minitrains 0-8-0. (Incidentally, what about the Minitrains Decauville 0-6-0 and Forney 0-4-4?)

Rtr 009 is quite astonishing at present. The Heljan MW, Bachman Baldwin 4-6-0 and Minitrains 2-6-2 are a very impressive lineup, along with the Minitrains 0-8-0. (Incidentally, what about the Minitrains Decauville 0-6-0 and Forney 0-4-4?)

Must  admit   I am  Digitally  biased,  have  been  digital  since '97,  Minitrains  are  fine  but   a little  difficult  to  digitase sizewise  ( and  I have  had  to  return   2 or  3 locos   for  exchange  due to  problems)