Millers Dale in the 80s - BR Peak Line in N

RBE

Yes Peter I agree I could. The mk1s are similar. I have no issue doing this myself in fact I have on my mk1s however if I am to design couplers for people to purchase then they need to work with standard stock so I will have to design them to suit. There is a lot of room on those above as they are the hst ones so I can pull them in a good way still with a dedicated design for mk2s. Maybe I can supply glue on corridor connectors to reduce the apparent gap once coupled?

Cav

Also in that picture it's quite interesting how the grass is growing out from between the hand rails. Not sure wether this would have been the case though had the line still been in use. Nice feature though showing a bit of decay.

Yeah I have taken a ton of those pics. I dont know if it would be so run down if it was still in use though, certainly wouldnt have the grass.

Edited by RBE

Just had a thought. On the A6 between Topley Pike and Buxton the freight only line to Peak Forest crosses the road and river in several places. From memory I'm sure these are of similar construction. Maybe worth taking a look at those and see what condition they are in.

Marcus

Hi Cav, so any excuse for a run over to Millersdale then, hahaaa

Do you really need an excuse?

A lovely bit of Derbyshire, and I'm a Devon Boy but I still like it up there.

Andy

A little progress on 37688 last night. Removed the old nose grilles and added some new etched ones. Was as careful as I could be to reduce painting. I think it went well just a bit of a touch up required around the grilles and then decals, names and a good weathering. Also filed the buffers oval to suit.

post-6894-0-56433700-1372852354_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-89999500-1372852400_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-21034300-1372852608.jpg

Edited by RBE
  • Like 5

A little progress on 37688 last night. Removed the old nose grilles and added some new etched ones. Was as careful as I could be to reduce painting. I think it went well just a bit of a touch up required around the grilles and then decals, names and a good weathering. Also filed the buffers oval to suit.

Looking good!

• RMweb Premium

Loving these pictures.

The first one looks long for 25 wagons, making me think I don't need quite as many as I thought. I'm sure 25 coal hoppers behind a 56 would look good and I might get away with 15 bogie roadstones per train?

Cav

Hi,

Sorry just catching up - 47 looks great can't wait to see the layout! 

If it helps I found on Gresby that PCAs/HEAs/HAAs look like a full length train at about 20-24 wagons, with 12-15 roadstones behind a class 60 looking about right.  I run most trains of longer wagons as 12-15, anymore just fills the layout up too much, if that makes sense?

Cheers

Simon

Yeah it makes perfect sense. I find that scale length trains on layouts look wrong every time Ive seen it. Ill probably settle for 20 HEAs and 15 bogie stone hoppers.

Cav

Hi Cav, that's a nice job on he Grills mate,

I agree about the ride hight, Gary Hinson lowered his 37 but I haven't seen him on here of late, unless I am looking at the wrong threads, he was doing a Scottish roundy roundy, literally a circle on a circular board.

Andy

The 37 looks good Cav, I am not sure if the ride is wrong on the N gauge model but the 00 Bachmann model had the bogies a bit on the low side so I raised them up by a couple of mm. A bit of work but worth it.

Cheers Peter.