Millers Dale in the 80s - BR Peak Line in N

RBE

Nice wagons Cav, and that bridge is really looking good!

You could try Precision labels for your decals as they can custom make the running numbers for you on a sheet.

I may ask precision to look at it or maybe railtec as he has donw work for me in the past. Could make some myself but the home print decal paper may be a bit heavy for N gauge.

The bridge is coming on. I spend time last night doing the other 2 sections of this bridge. Didnt get miles but its coming along. Looks pretty long now at 540mm. Will look good on the stone arches I think once complete.

• Like 1

Cant disagree there Mickey. The PCA is a typical wagon of the region.

Anyway heres a bit of progress from tonight. Shouldnt be too long before this viaduct deck is finished. Ill soon be making a start on the other viaduct. Ive ordered the etches for the balustrades today so should be coming together soon.

post-6894-0-79089400-1377730503_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Cheers Ben. Yes I will be. I dont know when it will be ready yet its certainlt taken longer to get cracking than Outon Road did but Ill get there. Im hoping to be somewhere near by the back end of next year, hopefully sooner depending on other commitments.

Yes Jeremy. It is getting more impressive. That part is about 4 hst coach lengths then there will be the stone arches at each end too which are about 200mm long each.

Cheers chaps. Ill try to get this deck finished tonight if I get enough time. Just realised today that I havent added enough balustrades to my etch so Ive had to put it on hold so that I can add extra bays. . No worries though Ill add em tonight and reissue them the drawing.

I think I need to be strong and resist the stock in favour of getting the layout going!

Been looking at the work involved on the 2nd viaduct and it is slightly more complex. It has curved arches and instead of just outer frames with connecting trusses it has 5 frames running side by side across the width of the trackbed deck. In short I need to build the full framework for each of the arched sections 15 times!

Edited by RBE

At the risk of going over old ground the viaduct plastruct is now finished. Spent the night finishing off the under deck cross trusses. I thought Id prop it on some cups to get an idea of it as a bridge. Of course there will be supports in the centre too when in use but it goes to show how strong these structures can be!!

post-6894-0-11269800-1377905632_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-12034200-1377905656_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-90606600-1377905680_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Cheers Jez. Im pretty pleased with how its turned out. Ive done all I can with that deck now until my etches arrive. Onto the next one now before sorting the stone pedestal and arch work.

Cav