Millers Dale in the 80s - BR Peak Line in N

RBE

That would be easier but would need more materials. Has anyone used wallpaper lining paper to paint backscenes on before? What would you stick it on with thats durable if you have?

I'd use something like a Pritt stick. Goes on thin enough to avoid bubbles. Have you considered using a certain piece of software that allows you to view the streets in a given area? I have used that quite effectively a couple of times (whisper it quietly...)

Edited by IanStock

Im planning on handpainting a replica of the scene prior to adding the scenics. Im not bad with the old brushes and paint so should look ok. The only issue is painting it whilst reaching over a full layouts width. The other option is to paint some thin board and glue it on after. What to do!!

Cav I use white faces Hardboard on my backscenes if that helps.

Andy :sungum:

Yes I used to Andy as well. I find they pick up moisture though so a little wary. May be an idea though.

I do use streetview pretty often Ian However for the backscene I have a load of photos from the last time I was up at Millers Dale. Its not far for me to go TBH, about 20mins in the car.

I dont fancy gluing on 18ft of 2ft high backscene with prittstick mind!

Edited by RBE
  • Like 1

Yes I used to Andy as well. I find they pick up moisture though so a little wary. May be an idea though.

I do use streetview pretty often Ian However for the backscene I have a load of photos from the last time I was up at Millers Dale. Its not far for me to go TBH, about 20mins in the car.

I dont fancy gluing on 18ft of 2ft high backscene with prittstick mind!

In one piece, no probably not ;-) But I recently did about 10ft of it in A4 pieces. Yes, I know the joins are a risk - but I used a thin card, and so was able to butt the joins up closely enough that they really barely show. Good luck to you though, if your painting skills are up to it.

Depends on storage of the layout - I have found that any water based adhesive struggles to hold with any damp conditions - including PRITT in all the garage based projects I have done.

The best solution was to use double sided tape on MDF panelling - expensive for an 18ft x 2ft backscene though.

Ian

Cheers Jeremy. I need to tidy up the edge of the track circuit diamond but thats no biggy. Bit of white around the edge to cover my messy black. Really pleased with this.

Edited by RBE