Taunton Members Day - pasties but no rhubarb - catering announcements!

Captain Kernow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Or squirrely :sungum:

Ah, we have sunshine and 25 C temps here far to the west of the realm of SWAG.  And,alas, I will not be attend this year after all. Squirrel pasties????

I am lead to believe that the 'Noble realm of SWAG' is a progressive group....

So for 2014, perhaps CK should check this out during a future visit to the Noble Realm of Kernow?

If I know CK, he'd end up squirrelling those pasties away and putting his parsnip pasties in their place.

• RMweb Gold

I've amended the title of this thread slightly, hoping this will draw attention to the following announcements, made at the request of our Esteemed Catering Ladies, and with my full support:

i) Reminder to all exhibitors, demonstrators and traders to bring your own mugs, please! Knowing how these things work, I am aware that this will be of great assistance to the catering team. Thanks.

ii) On previous occasions at Taunton, some folk have kindly brought along contributions to the catering for the day, either in the form of cakes or other food. This has usually been well-intentioned and obviously appreciated, but has usually resulted in much of the extra cake ration not getting taken up..... so it then gets taken home again, either by the person who brought it or others...

So, our Catering Ladies have asked me to bring to everyone's attention that this year they have already ensured that there will be a good supply of cakes for the day. As such, I would like to ask everyone not to bring any cakes or other food contributions towards the event, unless you and I agree (via PM) in advance, please.  :)  There are good reasons for this and I would be grateful for everyone's support in this respect, thanks.

On the day, when setting up, I will endeavour to get the kitchen to a state of readiness asap in the morning for DIY teas and coffees, for the first half hour or so. However, as soon as the Catering Ladies arrive and take possession of the kitchen, please can everyone go to the hatch for your exhibitors beverages. From that point on, the kitchen is off-limits to everyone bar 'staff'... :)

Thank you all in advance!

• RMweb Premium

As this thread may contain a few experts - or at least some sperts - could I draw the good readers attention to a crucial debate which has broken out here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/12234-diesels-in-the-duchy-aka-st-blazey-dcc-em/page-101

Jerry

And some food for thought: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/12234-diesels-in-the-duchy-aka-st-blazey-dcc-em/?p=1025975

Archived