Bachmann announcements 2013/4

Andy Y

I've had the following clarification notes courtesy of Bachmann Design & Research Dept.

Branch-Line 00

class 24/1

This represents a Class 24 locomotive with a head-code box fitted, in the No series D5133 - D5150 (24133 - 24150) this will be completely new tooling.

Class 43 NB Warship, completely new tooling.

Ooh, I'm starting to froth already about the 24/1.

I've had the following clarification notes courtesy of Bachmann Design & Research Dept.

Branch-Line 00

class 24/1

This represents a Class 24 locomotive with a head-code box fitted, in the No series D5133 - D5150 (24133 - 24150) this will be completely new tooling.

Now that is interesting!  Will they deal with the underframe?  Almost certainly - because last weekend I spent hours cutting up the underframe on my 24, Jim SW style, and sod's law dictates that I've just wasted my time ! 

It'll be interesting to see - the exisiting Class 24 has numerous erros and if these aren't present then thwey could have a very nice model on their hands.

I don't know if they're the same tank wagon or not, but Hattons is using a picture that looks like it may be from the new catalogue if the pictures of some other models are anything to go by http://www.ehattons.com/61006/Bachmann_UK_38_775_20_Ton_Tank_Wagon_ICI_/StockDetail.aspx

Yes, I have had confirmation this is from the catalogue. However, it is nothing like the ESSO tank wagon that I have supplied a photo of, also for the catalogue. We will have to wait and see the models. They used an OTA photo of mine in the catalogue, but the model wasn't the same type - very similar but not the same.

Paul Bartlett

25 043 is a nice variation, a green TOPS numbered loco with a shiny paint patch over the old number and a rail blue blanking plate, well observed Bachmann

I'm pretty sure that this is the first ever RTR TOPS numbered green diesel that isn't of a later repaint or celebrity like 40106. It's on my list!

Aside from the new announcements its worth noting that there are no Crabs, Ivatt 4s, G2As, Blue Pullmans or 25/2s listed on the web site, also missing is NSE 47007 (31-654) which Hattons say is still on order.

I noticed they've taken quite a slice out of previously listed items.  Managed to pick up a G2a at a bargain price, but I don't know how long stocks will be there once people twig what's no longer available.

00 Works already do two very neat versions, bit pricey though - nearly three times as much as a Bachmann 3F! 

They are nice weighty items made to a 'good' OO standard and if people can't wait another year for a [possible?] announcement then a release from Bachmann in, what 3 years time? I would suggest they buy one. I can't see Hornby being in a position to even think of doing one.  Mind you they might in desperation I suppose.  OO Works previously did an Adams Radial and a 700 'Black Motor' too which both sold out, and despite them coming relatively high up the wish lists they are not [yet] announced by any 'mainstream' manufacturer.

Some nice interesting models in there, although it'll be Heljan supplying the locos I want this year, unless any stanier moguls made it to Cambridgeshire? Plenty of wagons for me though, warflats, pipes and grains.

Feel a bit for NE modellers, do Bachmann really need 5 GWR tanks in their range? A J27 or the like would of balanced the line up a bit more, not a moan just an observation.

Perhaps they have sold out of them (although some retailers still have them).

From memory, there was an interview about 3/4 years ago, with their MD, In MR I think. When the topic of the BP was raised, the comment was something along  the lines of, if they did do one, it would have to be an RRP of about  400 pounds ( they beat by 100 notes!), and they'd most likely do only one production run.

Given that it must be a ( comparatively) high cost item, it's understandable that they don't want to tie up large sums of money in holding stocks of the BP for 'possible' sales. That of course doesn't mean to say that they'll never do another run, If they feel there's enough demand, as a business,  they'll no doubt do one.

Archived