Bachmann announcements 2013/4

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Nobody seems to have asked this yet - is the class 43 is a new body tooling, and not just a renumber of their existing (ex-Mainline) class 42 as they've done in the past? Pretending that a 42 is a 43 is a bit naughty n this day and age  :nono:

The Birdcages looking interesting, as does the E4. Will they do the original shorter smokebox for the LBSC version?

The Bachmann website states that the 43 is new tooling.

Edit, link added:

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/details.php?id=93&vis=2

Hopefully the 42 is as well.

The North East overlooked again, cheers Bachmann. All the wish lists cry out for Q6's, J27's and the K1 was high on the latest. Quite disappointed

My earlier weather forecast was right then....

Weather-wise, Sundays announcements should bring heavy wind from southern England spreading to the west, blizzards across the Grampians, showers of ‘now’t in it for me’ around Newcastle,..... :sarcastic: 

• RMweb Gold

Well I'm in the planning stage of a layout closely based on Dursley in Gloucestershire, so at least one wanted it before 10am! :boast:

I like this post, but unfortunately an error has occurred and I have reached my quota of positive votes for the day... ;)

• RMweb Premium

I keep wishing for one of the old panelled type GWR autotrailers (original or ex Railmotor conversion), not a BR one.

Some were still in service into BR days, so plenty of livery options.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

im happy with some of the reliveries, the gbrf 20, would need a pair though, DRS 57/3

wagon wise i can see me getting some Colas branded ex freightliner coal hoppers and, if they are green BP livery, some aviaton fuel TEAs to run behind my colas 66

• RMweb Gold

Nobody seems to have asked this yet - is the class 43 is a new body tooling, and not just a renumber of their existing (ex-Mainline) class 42 as they've done in the past? Pretending that a 42 is a 43 is a bit naughty n this day and age  :nono:

New tooling according to Bachmann webiste

• RMweb Premium

It's listed as "new tooling" so we may assume that it will represent a 43 and not a 42.  The 42 tooling is getting long in the tooth now even though it's been updated a little with most issues.  My hope is that the "illuminated head code" is not illuminated by brilliant white LEDs as per the recent 812 and 827 releases.  These locos were fitted with incandescent bulb illumination so a dull yellowish glow is the most that is required.

EDIT = SNAP!

Guest Max Stafford

Interestingly those modeling post 1956 are going to have a long wait for their BR maroon Thompson corridor coaches.

You could always offer a bespoke re-painting service, buddy! :D

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

The North East overlooked again, cheers Bachmann. All the wish lists cry out for Q6's, J27's and the K1 was high on the latest. Quite disappointed

My earlier weather forecast was right then....

Weather-wise, Sundays announcements should bring heavy wind from southern England spreading to the west, blizzards across the Grampians, showers of ‘now’t in it for me’ around Newcastle,..... :sarcastic: 

The best thing is Mr coachman, the last time a modeller complianed from the North East a message was sent from the Higer levels in Bachmann with words to the effect of, thank you but the north east locos will be put back now......... wounder what the message will be for this year :laugh:

Good morning everyone at the Bachmann trade fair reading the replys 

What is interesting is how little interest has been expressed in the wagons. I don't do 4mm, but the Grain is well overdue. The Pipe and Tubes were only a small proportion of the total fleet when there were a million wagons, but by the 1970s they had largely replaced the RCH open merchandise as the open of choice - and then the engineers got hold of them and they had extended lives with some lovely liveries. http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brtube   http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brpipe

And, for me, a personal win on the Warflat which I knew was finally on its way back in the summer, a very versatile base (as is the frame of the Pipe if they do the standard one with the drop link brake rigging). Just a few at http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/?q=warflat (there are othes in the departmental conversions - tunnel inspection, crane runners...)

Paul Bartlett

I haven't scanned through the thread Paul, but the 4mm wagons were the first thing I looked at! Having just put a Pipe in primer, I shouldn't be wholly surprised, but there's a really interesting selection of vehicles there: bitumen conversions for the monobloc tanks [TTA if you insist]; grain hoppers; warflats (now there's a type with huge conversion potential for the various strip coils) and the suggestion at least of a new 20 ton RCH tank. 

Given the way the monobloc is tooled the only surprise is that the different ends have taken this long to appear. Some good things to look forward to as and when they turn up.

Adam

Wickham - this eclipses Hornby's Sentinel as the ultimate in useful small traction, that's very tidy indeed!

Postals to match what we already have - excellent.

Obbo Car - also a brilliant release.

20T tank, Tube, Pipe, Grain - actually so much of interest on the wagon front it will take some sinking-in.

Loco-wise, the Stanier Mogul is a beautiful announcement.  

Twin-centre-panel Peaks with the nose seam have been overlooked by everyone so far - but not here, as they represent the numerically most well represented body style to have traversed the Waverley.

Thanks Bachmann!

Interesting that they are making a DBSO as they only have one coach to run with it! There was only one Mk2F FO in the ScotRail fleet, all the other Mk2 air-cons were Mk2E FO stock and Mk2D TSO and TSOT stock.

This is a point I raised some time ago, and so had my doubts that Farish would revisit this livery

I completely missed 3284 being the sole Mark 2F FO, and this will make an interesting revinyl project

However, weren't there also two Mark 2 (air con) FK, in ScotRail blue stripe livery? I can't seem to find these in my records

As an aside, it would be good to see Dapol release a Mark 3A TSO and CO in ScotRail blue stipe to match this (and thus fill the gap)

Although us pregroup modellers are relatively few it seems that Bachmann have realised that the 'pretty livery' collectors and the often long lived items make these more than viable subjects.

l shall certainly be supporting them s far as my funds allow. l suppose l may have to cut back on some other areas, but l need to go on a diet anyway............

Nice list, thanks Andy for posting.

With Hornbys recent announcements, availiability, reruns, limited batch production etc etc etc much discussed here, along with my ever decreasing amount of "spare money" my philosophy is to wait untill they are actually in stock (Hattons or one of the 2 "local" modelshops - none in my home town) and pop along to have a look before buying. Not in stock - no buy - simple for me.

Good to note the Covhops are on there way, and a Stanier Crab to pull em also (or more likely my Dublo Black Eight. That's about it for me.

Good news for the hobby - summat for (nearly) everyone.

Brit15

Guest 40-something

24/1, Pipe, Tube & Grain.  Brilliant for me, cheers Bachmann!!!

Overall seems to be a great programme, no doubt the moaners will be out in force but you cant please everyone all the time

• RMweb Gold

Excellent set of announcements for me - love the 64xx pannier and Hawksworth autocoach as the last time I travelled in a BR steam push-pull train was with this combination from Stourbridge Junction to Kidderminster. Stanier Mogul, Pipe, and Tube wagons are pretty much essential for a West Midlands setting as well. I'm sure I could find space for an inspection saloon and a Wickham trolley too!

I'd be interested to find out whether they plan to make the same diagram of shunters truck as Hornby, or a different one.

• RMweb Gold

How many people will decide they absolutely have to have a Midland Railway 1F now, whereas at 10 o'clock this morning the thought had probably not entered their heads?!  ;)

Well, one, definitely!

1 x1F = 1 fewer x 64XX, so no contest here Cap'n (however if the 1F had been a Coal Tank ;) ).

Archived