Great British Locomotives

EddieB

I've yet to see any of these locos with a rake of Hatchett Mk. 1's. :jester:

I currently have four Deltics, a Coronation, schools, 9F and a couple A3's sat atop a rake of Hatchette mk1's. just seemed appropriate somehow!

Cheers

Shane

• Like 4

I can't say that I'm thrilled with the subscription to this collection. I started my subscription from issue 2. I've had four direct debits charged to my bank account. But so far, all I've received is issue 4. No issue 2 or 3 and nothing after issue 4. Not impressed.

Just realised the black five - which I had no intention of buying - may have a purpose for lily modelling after all. A suitable tender top for my 1948 era model of merchant navy class loco Belgian Marine as it was on the ECML.

"For my modelling" - not lily!

Amusing reading as ever.....and after all the deltic is only meant to be a replica and not a serious model what do we expect for 8.99? It still looks better than a Lima example and brilliant for a modelling starting point.. People do seem to be fooled by that great marketing phrase.... Precision model!!!!!

And let's also not forget the Hornby/corgi rubbish steam locos on plinths that are no use to man or mouse and more expensive and no use for modelling!

We'll done Amercon in my books

• Like 2

I've decided to scrap my conversion of the scotsman and use the cab to recreate LNER 4419 when (I hope) Bachmann release the GNR Atlantic.

Edited by WD0-6-0

City of Truro will follow the Black 5. It looks like a copy of the Bachmann model, there's break gear on the tender and I can't spot any raised panels on the tender sides. That would rule out Kitmaster (If the small picture is the actual model)

Regards,

Stefan

City of Truro will follow the Black 5. It looks like a copy of the Bachmann model, there's break gear on the tender.

Looking carefully at the picture, I'd be tempted to suggest that the "brake gear" looks more like the "web" between the tender wheels, due to them being cast as one piece. If it is, that'll be a huge pity as it will ruin the open look of the tender chassis, and will be nearly impossible to hide without taking a saw to the metalwork.

Looking carefully at the picture, I'd be tempted to suggest that the "brake gear" looks more like the "web" between the tender wheels, due to them being cast as one piece. If it is, that'll be a huge pity as it will ruin the open look of the tender chassis, and will be nearly impossible to hide without taking a saw to the metalwork.

You could be right, it will be exciting to get one and pick it apart. I'm working on a Kitmaster/Dapol one at the moment and the firebox looks different on the GBL picture, maybe it's a Bachmann/Kitmaster hybrid?

Regards,

Stefan

Since the series is based on locomotives in the national collection, and so far copied on RTR models I would guess at either a 

Class 77 or more likely a class 87. The NRM has a class 71 and a class 84 but there are no models for them to copy. 

Having said that locomotion is on the list and there is no model of that to copy. 

Something that puzzles me how come Hornby and Bachmann are struggling to get supplies from China but amercom are able to produce a locomotive every two weeks. I know they are not motorised but still. Perhaps they are not made in China? I'm just thinking out loud.

Since the series is based on locomotives in the national collection, and so far copied on RTR models I would guess at either a

Class 77 or more likely a class 87. The NRM has a class 71 and a class 84 but there are no models for them to copy.

Having said that locomotion is on the list and there is no model of that to copy.

Something that puzzles me how come Hornby and Bachmann are struggling to get supplies from China but amercom are able to produce a locomotive every two weeks. I know they are not motorised but still. Perhaps they are not made in China? I'm just thinking out loud.

K3?

Poland was suggested to me the other night. Not certain that H and B are struggling to get supplies would be relevant to these. Hornby are relocating production and Bachmann UK have to take there turn with all the other ranges produced by the Kader factory. It has been said to me that the US market dominates and consequently the tiny, in comparison, UK production gets pushed around as a result.

Edited by Butler Henderson

Didn't Bachmann do a (static) LE model of Locomotion a few years back?