Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Why are railway modellers so clumsy?

Is it just me being useless, or does anyone else end up with the base coat (Black, bauxite etc.....) turning grey after spraying  with acrylic varnish???????  

I read somehwere else in these parts that this is due to varnishing when there is moisture in the air, i.e shortly before or after rain.

Doesn't give  much of a window in this country .

Andy

Are you meant to     .................................

I read somehwere else in these parts that this is due to varnishing when there is moisture in the air, i.e shortly before or after rain.

Doesn't give  much of a window in this country .

Andy

................................................    varnish windows    .....................       :scratchhead:   ........

Are you meant to     .................................

................................................    varnish windows    .....................       :scratchhead:   ........

Yes for that extra special cloudy look. Good for bathrooms and loco windscreens.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Remember that when you take a plug out so that you can plug your soldering iron on, and when you have finished you do unplug your soldering iron which I did, and put it on the side to cool down before putting it away, which I did, Remember to plug the freezer back in again, which I didn't, not two days later, like I did. :O

Just cook everything and re freeze or eat it.

Mind you ice cream may be a challenge .

Andy

Just  a thought. Is there a practical modelling use for melted ice cream? A replacement  for Modroc perhaps?

Remember that when you take a plug out so that you can plug your soldering iron on, and when you have finished you do unplug your soldering iron which I did, and put it on the side to cool down before putting it away, which I did, Remember to plug the freezer back in again, which I didn't, not two days later, like I did. :O

post-10855-0-80732900-1415788070.png

I have been virtually in lock down for the past 3 1/2 months building my class 205 Hampshire unit (Thumper). Had I still lived in Reading, I may have built the Berkshire unit......

Following enough clumsiness to fill another 59 pages, I have almost completed and painted one end, just waiting for some transfers to arrive. 

Even though I have made several trips to the Mid Hants railway and taken in excess of 200 detail photos, I have just realised I have missed the handrail from the rear of the coach  :O

post-10855-0-65435500-1415877068.png

That will be why  .............

I have been virtually in lock down for the past 3 1/2 months building my class 205 Hampshire unit (Thumper). Had I still lived in Reading, I may have built the Berkshire unit......

Following enough clumsiness to fill another 59 pages, I have almost completed and painted one end, just waiting for some transfers to arrive. 

Even though I have made several trips to the Mid Hants railway and taken in excess of 200 detail photos, I have just realised I have missed the handrail from the rear of the coach  :O

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-11-13 at 11.00.13.png

............................    the picture was taken from a prone position on the ground?     ..................     What devotion   .......     .........    taking a picture before getting up and dusting yourself down        .............   :no:    

............................................      followed up, like all true politicians Clumsy Club members, with a claim that you intended to take the picture from a low angle anyway  .......     :jester:    .............   fantastic, really well done  ....

What?   .........

.................I forgot to add the pics of the offending model!! (Front handrails awaiting repaint after mishap with the inverted triangle:fie:

attachicon.giffront.jpg

attachicon.gifrear.jpg

....    you didn't fall off that as well  ......     :O

Ok, ok  ....   how do you have a mishap with an inverted painted triangle?       ..................................        .....................         I just know I'm going to regret swallowing that bait he left dangling there   .........     :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:

In a similar vein to the Bagpipes Handrail Incident ( Sounds like a Dick Barton episode, (younger RMWebbers look it up)) I have been fitting add on details to some Roco wagons

Now the brown wagon came with blue steps (strange, I thought, but hey ho) and were duly fitted and weathering completed.

I then found the brown steps in the box with the blue wagon.

It occurs to me that perhaps they were put away in the wrong boxes when I last played trains.

Andy

In a similar vein to the Bagpipes Handrail Incident ( Sounds like a Dick Barton episode, (younger RMWebbers look it up)) I have been fitting add on details to some Roco wagons

Now the brown wagon came with blue steps (strange, I thought, but hey ho) and were duly fitted and weathering completed.

I then found the brown steps in the box with the blue wagon.

It occurs to me that perhaps they were put away in the wrong boxes when I last played trains.

Andy

If it is any assistance  ......    when I read this, I was possessed with an uncontrollable, but warm, friendly "Oh dear." smile   .....     :pardon:

I think I have discovered a new rule in life.

This one is similar to the buttered toast landing butter side down and goes a little like this

A paint brush loaded with paint  will be dropped. During its descent it will make contact, paint end first, with each item of clothing worn by the user below shoulder level, each item of furniture within a 2 ft radius, completed models with 1 foot and the most obvious, to the casual observer,  part of the floor covering.

Any attempt to catch a falling paintbrush will result in damage over a wider area and possible stab injury.  

A clean paint brush will never be dropped.

That just about sums up yesterday's modelling attempts.

Andy (now with light weathering)

I think I have discovered a new rule in life.

This one is similar to the buttered toast landing butter side down and goes a little like this

A paint brush loaded with paint  will be dropped. During its descent it will make contact, paint end first, with each item of clothing worn by the user below shoulder level, each item of furniture within a 2 ft radius, completed models with 1 foot and the most obvious, to the casual observer,  part of the floor covering.

Any attempt to catch a falling paintbrush will result in damage over a wider area and possible stab injury.  

A clean paint brush will never be dropped.

That just about sums up yesterday's modelling attempts.

Andy (now with light weathering)

Hi Andy,

sorry to hear of your predicament :jester:

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel....in this instance not a runaway train, my all new pre-paint splattered onesey, specially commissioned for the clumsy club!!

post-10855-0-60308900-1416585078.png

Archived