Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Why are railway modellers so clumsy?

My favourite time of the year.........a mere 20% rise in subs, renovations and west wing almost complete on our club house.

Again, only top quality labour has been employed, and notice the superb Brunellian arch I had knocked through.

post-10855-0-86830600-1420624113_thumb.png

I'm considering re-naming the clubhouse Taj Temple Meads, as I see those chaps in India have gone and built a similar clubhouse themselves. :)

post-10855-0-94620400-1420624283.png

• RMweb Gold

You've gone and done it now, who mentioned the SUBS word, it's like poking a happily sleeping crocodile with a sharp stick. I for one have happily paid the miserly 20% increase + vat . Those of you who have not yet paid be afraid, very afraid as his subs collector is doing his rounds and will be visiting a hospital near you.

Terms and conditions apply, your home/safety may be at risk if late payment occurs. may contain nuts.

post-17489-0-76267800-1420627309.jpg

Aahh  ....   yes  ....   I think I have located one  ....  

Why yes, my home does contain nuts.

...   There - look, just by your computer keyboard.    .......   oh, wait  .......................   someone put a mirror in front of my Screen  ......     :O  :O

Hopefully   ...............................    all of them   ....................

Just taken a quick shot under my work bench, as there are always a few nuts under here..................

attachicon.gifNuts.png

......................................    Mineral   ............     :nono:  ..  :O

Thanks to the 20% hike uplift in subs, the extension housing the chairman's suite is now complete. Not quite enough left in the kitty to furnish to my complete taste, but you can only do what you can get away with.....

post-10855-0-68418400-1421156899.png

I have taken the opportunity to nip down to the local haberdashery and get the latest Clumsy suits run up.....I feel another raise in subs coming your our way......

post-10855-0-37735500-1421157016.png

Hopefully the girls in the group will look just fine......................

Damn, I'll have to sell another first-born child at this rate.

But what's this? Oh, it looks like the shoestring budget mentioned recently in the form of the chairman's wallet, which presumably he dropped in a moment of clumsiness. If I send it back, do you think I would be allowed to keep the shoestring? It's very nice and one day I might be able to afford a second one.

post-24692-0-98944900-1421159070.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Damn, I'll have to sell another first-born child at this rate.

But what's this? Oh, it looks like the shoestring budget mentioned recently in the form of the chairman's wallet, which presumably he dropped in a moment of clumsiness. If I send it back, do you think I would be allowed to keep the shoestring? It's very nice and one day I might be able to afford a second one.

attachicon.gifShoestring.jpg

Should have held it to ransom. :devil:

The idea is apparently not entirely new  ...............

Coincidentally, in order to finance the club dues I recently patented a natural gas extraction method called "vindaloo fracking", tragically the recent collapse in oil prices have ruined any chances of exploiting it commercially.

Back in the 60s certain PE College Students were seen on a number of occasions deciding which of them made the loudest/best fracking Vindaloo noises, demonstrations were done on the benches in the changing room, for the best "sound" distribution      ........     :stinker:​     ................    

............ inevitably, eventually, someone decided that the gas quality should also be tested - by application of a lit cigarette lighter, close to the source - resulting in the most remarkable jets of flame   .......   :sungum:   .....      and sadly someone's singed rear-end  .......    :O

PS. It might be noted that these "Enterprising" young men went on to deliver their acquired College Education to thousands of youngsters all across the country  ....     :angel:

• RMweb Premium

Back in the 60s certain PE College Students were seen on a number of occasions deciding which of them made the loudest/best fracking Vindaloo noises, demonstrations were done on the benches in the changing room, for the best "sound" distribution      ........     :stinker:​     ................    

............ inevitably, eventually, someone decided that the gas quality should also be tested - by application of a lit cigarette lighter, close to the source - resulting in the most remarkable jets of flame   .......   :sungum:   .....      and sadly someone's singed rear-end  .......    :O

PS. It might be noted that these "Enterprising" young men went on to deliver their acquired College Education to thousands of youngsters all across the country  ....     :angel:

I remember a similar occurrence when I was an air cadet, back, crack and sack wax no longer required.

• RMweb Premium

More years ago than I care to remember I was a regular volunteer at Ravenglass.  Winter working parties were always provided with vast quantities of pie and mushy peas by Dai Pickup.   The inevitable result happenned and we were all nice and snug in the tool van.    The conversation turned to harvesting the results and if it would be possible to power the train loco on natural gas.  All sorts of designs were suggested but the problem of sealing the collectors effectively defeated us.

Jamie

More years ago than I care to remember I was a regular volunteer at Ravenglass.  Winter working parties were always provided with vast quantities of pie and mushy peas by Dai Pickup.   The inevitable result happenned and we were all nice and snug in the tool van.    The conversation turned to harvesting the results and if it would be possible to power the train loco on natural gas.  All sorts of designs were suggested but the problem of sealing the collectors effectively defeated us.

Jamie

After a night out at the local Indian, we just attach the apparatus to our nether regions, and hey presto....a free ride home  :stinker:  :stinker:  :stinker:  :stinker:

post-10855-0-48353000-1421235065.png

• RMweb Premium

This anal-gas talk is all well and good - but if you suddenly have a blowback at the point of ignition........................................... :shout: :devil: :fie:

Yes there was a piece in Private Eye once about that happenning after someone got a live hamster stuck and his friend looked for it with a lighted match.  After the resulting explosion the hamster came out so fast that the friend's face was bady cut and both gentlemen had to go to hospital.   It all happenned in Utah.  From memory  I believe that the activity they were engaged in was called Felching but on the grounds of decency and taste I will say no more.   It was however a very entertaining news story to read.

Jamie

.................................................   OK    ..............................................    who stole it?    ............................................................                .......................................................  where is the Vomit Icon?    .............. :acute:

Archived