Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Why are railway modellers so clumsy?

I would be somewhat bothered   ....................

Idea:
Instead of having swear jars, should we have a clumsy jar to pay subscription?

£1 per mistake, and an additional 50p per swear?

I'd cover my fees quickly!

...................    that others would see the contents of the jar and realise what a totally clumsy and foul-mouthed person I really am   .............    :O  :O ...  :angel:

I'm not really sure     ......................         :nono:

I ended up stabbing myself with the blunt end of a sewing needle this morning.. Went straight into my finger.

.........   if that qualifies - with accuracy like that   .....................      :jester:  :jester:

I ended up stabbing myself with the blunt end of a sewing needle this morning.. Went straight into my finger.

Hi Spitfire 2865, I think you may have posted on the wrong site. Try 'Cross Stitch monthly' :jester:

Are you in the local pub darts team? I think I've ducked if it was you down there !! :)

I have much sympathy for Spitfire2865. I managed to stab the end of my finger yesterday (garden refurb still in full swing) on a thorn.

Now what this small hole lacked in size it certainly made up for in show.

I thought I had cut a major limb off. In fact I did spend a few moments looking for a significant and as yet un-noticed injury which would explain the large quantities of claret flowing about.

Just goes to show that there is main artery in the tip of the index finger.

Andy

(still a little light headed )

• RMweb Premium

I thought I had cut a major limb off. In fact I did spend a few moments looking for a significant and as yet un-noticed injury which would explain the large quantities of claret flowing about.

Andy

(still a little light headed )

Had by any chance some claret of the other kind been consumed.

Jamie

Well a coupe of hundred years a go....doctors advice was eat wall nuts they are god for the brain (cos they look like brains) and drink claret when you have suffered blood loss....because it looks like blood.....I suppose some of the stupider / clumsier ideas got lost in time as the idiots who tried them DIED!!!!!!!! So we of the clumsy club should count ourselves lucky....

edit= at least we are still here to bemoan our clumsiness....phew.....

As regards stupidity (rather than clumsiness) back in March I seriously damaged the rail ends on one of baseboards for my portable exhibition layout whilst making/fitting baseboard end protectors .. 

And back in the 1980s I ended up in A&E on Xmas day after fitting the 'safety attachment' to the new Stanley knife I found in my Xmas stocking .. having cut the end of my finger off!

As regards stupidity (rather than clumsiness) back in March I seriously damaged the rail ends on one of baseboards for my portable exhibition layout whilst making/fitting baseboard end protectors .. 

And back in the 1980s I ended up in A&E on Xmas day after fitting the 'safety attachment' to the new Stanley knife I found in my Xmas stocking .. having cut the end of my finger off!

As if to prove my point about stupidity ... this photo taken this morning having removed scenic board from storage to make/fit end protector .. damage done removing board from storage...

post-4476-0-26542000-1406624203_thumb.jpg

As if to prove my point about stupidity ... this photo taken this morning having removed scenic board from storage to make/fit end protector .. damage done removing board from storage...

Ouch!

• 1 month later...

That maybe true  ............   in an "Absolute" type of world   ...

Malta: "where PSVs go to die a long, lingering death....."

....   but in that climate, surrounded by such delightful people     ...........    who cares when or what the next bus is   ......   :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry not dropped in for a while.....

things have been busy....

plus still not learned my lesson despite all the warnings on this thread.....DOH!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3113_50877.jpg

had to sit and soak my finger in a ball of cottonwood and nail varnish remover for a good 10 minutes, and still tug a little at a time...

Note to self.....DO NOT chat whilst holding a kit in place the has superglue running down the sides....

Note to self.....carefully read the contend of bottles to establish if in fact the little blighters are actually super glue in disguise....

Archived