Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Why are railway modellers so clumsy?

I have been putting off insulating the loft for years, but time eventually ran out today..........

With cries of "Don't fall through the ceiling" ringing in my ears, I bravely ventured in to the loft for the 1st time in xxxxxx years.

Of course, being a very careful person, I didn't put my foot or any part of my anatomy through the ceiling :imsohappy: However, as I rose in a particularly cramped section of the loft, my head hit the roof....I then heard the distinctive sound of a broken tile sliding down the roof  :O

• RMweb Gold

I have been putting off insulating the loft for years, but time eventually ran out today..........

With cries of "Don't fall through the ceiling" ringing in my ears, I bravely ventured in to the loft for the 1st time in xxxxxx years.

Of course, being a very careful person, I didn't put my foot or any part of my anatomy through the ceiling :imsohappy: However, as I rose in a particularly cramped section of the loft, my head hit the roof....I then heard the distinctive sound of a broken tile sliding down the roof  :O

A recent picture of our beloved chairman, trying to get into the loft, helped by clumsy club members.

post-17489-0-46692800-1416904796.jpg

However, as I rose in a particularly cramped section of the loft, my head hit the roof....I then heard the distinctive sound of a broken tile sliding down the roof  :O

Did you also hear the distinctive sound of breaking glass and car alarm?

Andy

I am more concerned off the amount off weight we shove in our loft......

insulation, loft boards, solid wood layout table, resin buildings, locos, wagons, et al. We have accidental damage on top of our house damage......just makes sense. 

Just in case one day, the loft layout decided to debunk to the ground floor :O

....NB...we really do have accidental damage........

• RMweb Premium

Does this qualify me as a clumsy club member. I've been making a few tentative steps in card modelling. Having glued two parts together I decided to put a wood block on them to keep them together while the glue was drying. Yes you've guessed. The weight of the block brought excess glue out of the joint onto the block. Led to a stressful 1/2 hr trying to remove the block without destroying the model under construction.

You should have taken a chisel to the edge of the block of wood, which goes in the corner - so there is a space for any excess glue which gets squeezed out  ......     :sungum:

Does this qualify me as a clumsy club member. I've been making a few tentative steps in card modelling. Having glued two parts together I decided to put a wood block on them to keep them together while the glue was drying. Yes you've guessed. The weight of the block brought excess glue out of the joint onto the block. Led to a stressful 1/2 hr trying to remove the block without destroying the model under construction.

...................     ...........................................    then you could slip with the chisel and slice into your index finger on your left hand    .............       :locomotive:   

............................................................................                             like a fully paid up member of the club     ..............     guess how I know that  .........      :scratchhead:

I've said elsewhere that superglue is my nemesis.  Last week I was building a kit using aforesaid adhesive, squeezing a small amount onto a piece of plastic and using a short length of old piercing saw blade as an applicator.  The piece of blade had managed to stick itself onto the plastic so I needed to hold the plastic down to exert some force on the blade.

Guess where I placed my finger !?

Good {evening|afternoon|morning} [*]

Railsquid here. As a professional squid with no less than ca. 10 left tentacles, I hereby declare this is a Very Silly Thread. Nevertheless I would like to apply to become a member of your Club, if such is possible, despite being a returnee to this hobby of less than 4 (four) months standing.

As supporting evidence I would like to submit my recently tidied up workbench:

post-24692-0-44630700-1417188700.jpg

I solemly declare that I have already bloodied my baseboard in a track dismantling incident (Kato Unitrack, which is very robust but also a pain in the nether regions to separate).

Additionally I would like to declare, that upon dismantling a locomotive for educational purposes, and despite taking Appropriate Precautions, at some point in the process an Undefined Thingy detached itself at high velocity into the gaping maw of the Carpet Monster. Immediate attempts to find the Undefined Thingy were initially unsuccessful but I did locate another Thingy of unclear purpose which is now Under Investigation. However it turned out that when in bipedal mode my legs are equipped with two excellent Thingy-Finding Devices at the lower ends, which successfully located the Undefined Thingy, which by deduction I had worked out must be the gubbins which holds the centre bogie of the locomotive to the chassis (it was suspiciously absent during the reassembly process).

In the interests of fairness I must declare that said locomotive was acquired on the cheap for expermential dismantling purposes. However that is balanced out by the fact that of the two previously aqcuired-on-the-cheap locomotives, one turned out to be so nice it would be a pity to abuse it, and the other one was a motorless dummy.

I rest my case (probably on an easily damaged toe).

[*]Insert appropriate temporal noun for your locale.

I think you'll fit right in here Railsquid. 

Mind you that workbench is too organised. You've got boxes and stuff.

Not sure what the membership rates for molluscs are though and  when it comes to subs money you'll find  Mr Chairman Bagpipes probably has more tentacles.

Andy

Why thank you :crazy:

Well, I did say I'd just tidied up the work bench. The boxes are only temporary, they're destined to become cheapskate layout structural elements.

Anyway, worried about this Bagpipes person now. Does he bite?

Hi railsquid,

Just ordered my new dentures, I wore the last set out...................

post-10855-0-01761600-1417277637.png

• RMweb Gold

Why thank you :crazy:

Well, I did say I'd just tidied up the work bench. The boxes are only temporary, they're destined to become cheapskate layout structural elements.

Anyway, worried about this Bagpipes person now. Does he bite?

Hi railsquid,

Just ordered my new dentures, I wore the last set out...................

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-11-29 at 16.11.54.png

Damn, beat me to it, I was just going to say, not since we hid these:

post-17302-0-41630300-1417277888.gif

There is a thin line between stupidity and clumsiness......I have crossed it many times!! :drag:

Why did I not check the new Christmas lights BEFORE spending nearly a couple of hours in the cold putting them up???????

Still, after dismantling, returning to shop and re-fitting, the club house is looking ready for the festive season................

post-10855-0-32926600-1417347288.png

Seeing as you've now put the lights up bagpipes, i hope your going to send off your christmas list. Santas coming along soon...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

All the best,

Lloyd

I love it howSanta is leaning forward over the handlebars to help achieve the maximum 59mph of his scooter!!

Perhaps, if he has any hope of getting all his deliveries done, he needs to upgrade...................

post-10855-0-54590400-1417693824.png

Blimey, you two    .........................    what will   .............   poor old  .....

I love it howSanta is leaning forward over the handlebars to help achieve the maximum 59mph of his scooter!!

Perhaps, if he has any hope of getting all his deliveries done, he needs to upgrade...................

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-12-04 at 11.48.50.png

......   Rudolph have to shoe his hooves with   ...........    at those speeds   .........     :scratchhead:

Archived