Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Why are railway modellers so clumsy?

Yes there was a piece in Private Eye once about that happenning after someone got a live hamster stuck and his friend looked for it with a lighted match.  After the resulting explosion the hamster came out so fast that the friend's face was bady cut and both gentlemen had to go to hospital.   It all happenned in Utah.  From memory  I believe that the activity they were engaged in was called Felching but on the grounds of decency and taste I will say no more.   It was however a very entertaining news story to read.

Jamie

Just where do you find this stuff?????? :O  :O

Yes there was a piece in Private Eye once about that happenning after someone got a live hamster stuck and his friend looked for it with a lighted match.  After the resulting explosion the hamster came out so fast that the friend's face was bady cut and both gentlemen had to go to hospital.   It all happenned in Utah.  From memory  I believe that the activity they were engaged in was called Felching but on the grounds of decency and taste I will say no more.   It was however a very entertaining news story to read.

Jamie

Jamie, it's bad enough that you purport to know what Felching is.  I will have to report you to the committee.

Mind you, they're just as bad.......................

Personally, I have no idea WHATSOEVER what the term refers to. :no: :angel:

Google      .....................    but  .................

Jamie, it's bad enough that you purport to know what Felching is.  I will have to report you to the committee.

Mind you, they're just as bad.......................

Personally, I have no idea WHATSOEVER what the term refers to. :no: :angel:

...................   have a bucket handy   .......     :O  :O  :O    .................   be warned......  

• RMweb Premium

Just where do you find this stuff?????? :O  :O

Whenever I go to London by train (a few times each year) I usually buy a copy of Private Eye to read on the way home.   That snippet from one was so bizarre and amusing that I clipped the piece out.   For some obscure reason it's stuck in my memory for at least 16 years however I can' t remember what I did an hour ago these days.

err

what was I doing..........................

My gurss would be that    ............................

Whenever I go to London by train (a few times each year) I usually buy a copy of Private Eye to read on the way home.   That snippet from one was so bizarre and amusing that I clipped the piece out.   For some obscure reason it's stuck in my memory for at least 16 years however I can' t remember what I did an hour ago these days.

err

what was I doing..........................

......................     I think that will be the precise reaction from all who have been educated, on the Thread, today  .......     :declare:

• RMweb Premium

My gurss would be that    ............................

......................     I think that will be the precise reaction from all who have been educated, on the Thread, today  .......     :declare:

I have also been educated today.  I also googled the word.  Until then I thought that the only meaning was the one involving the gerbil/hamster!!!

I haven't googled anything.

I'm letting my imagination do the work, (that way I have editorial control)

but

I am seeing a person I know who's nickname is Felch in a whole new light.

I'm not sure about the new clubhouse idea. All those unprotected belts and gears.  It would definitely need to be near an A&E department.

Andy

Who had an innocent upbringing

I can't help wondering if   ...................

Would it not be easier to place the clubhouse within an A&E department?

1 .............   you might get spurious attempts at entry by the other, non-modelers, there   .........   considering themselves equally clumsy [but, of course, without the credentials, obtained by railway modelers]  ........    :senile:

2 .............   the appearance of the proposed clubhouse rather suggests that the original apparent occupants, might have been somewhat rodent-like, by nature, which is to my mind [as apparently recently revealed] a little risky, should any of them remain and find themselves so close to so many prone/near-prone and not always completely clothed, vulnerable humans   ........      :nono:

As may be observed by some, the recent discovery has left considerable mental scarring/imaging, which is proving tricky to ignore     ..............     I am putting my mind to finding something to distract from the constant nagging mental images  .....

................    maybe I should try getting a small train set and see if that helps  .......     :locomotive:   .......................................                   .......................................                    ....................    :scratchhead:

It would appear not every one is happy with our wonderful refurbished club house.

I have therefore sold and pocketed re-invested the cash.

Here is our new premises, complete with free bus service. I think you dial 999.

post-10855-0-34209400-1421344816.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I can't help wondering if   ...................

1 .............   you might get spurious attempts at entry by the other, non-modelers, there   .........   considering themselves equally clumsy [but, of course, without the credentials, obtained by railway modelers]  ........    :senile:

2 .............   the appearance of the proposed clubhouse rather suggests that the original apparent occupants, might have been somewhat rodent-like, by nature, which is to my mind [as apparently recently revealed] a little risky, should any of them remain and find themselves so close to so many prone/near-prone and not always completely clothed, vulnerable humans   ........      :nono:

As may be observed by some, the recent discovery has left considerable mental scarring/imaging, which is proving tricky to ignore     ..............     I am putting my mind to finding something to distract from the constant nagging mental images  .....

................    maybe I should try getting a small train set and see if that helps  .......     :locomotive:   .......................................                   .......................................                    ....................   

The location of the club house and some of the above conumdrums could be solved at a stroke.  Clayton hospital in Wakefield is currently empty and looking for a new use. Many years ago the Wakefield club installed a model railway in the waiting room to help calm some of the attendees.   It was still there at closure.so perhaps this will solve the chairmans investment problem.

Jamie

PS I'm not sure it it's home to any small rodents though there may be a few of the 2 legged variety in the area.

PS I'm not sure it it's home to any small rodents though there may be a few of the 2 legged variety in the area.

Hey! Who are you referring to??

Just 'cos I like Cheese.................

And hibernate as much as I can in Winter.

Hey! Who are you referring to??

Just 'cos I like Cheese.................

That's good news, because I've just received an interior design mockup for the Cheese Shop to be installed in the new club house as a service to the more rodenty members.

post-24692-0-48174700-1421383514.jpg

It really would save a lot of space   ..............

A recursive self-referential clubhouse? That's just the place for my layout based on a plan from the C.J. Moebius book of track plans called "Escher Central".

..............   if the Layout ran on Mobius Strips     ............    also almost a vital possession for the clumsy Club   ..   as the trains would always find a place to be upside down and crash to the ground   ....      :sungum:  :sungum: 

.........................       Aahh!   .............     just noticed  ........    wrong spelling?    ......     :nono:

Apparently  .............    after several sessions looking at their properties [i.e. - different numbers of twists and numbers of faces to the strip]  .................    :paint:

I remember making these with the paper chain strips when I was younger.

the only use we found for these items   ....................   was a triangular section Fan Belt, with one twist, so it wore evenly on the single face produced  .........     :scratchhead:   ............    and I still maintain that the additional heat build up from the additional twisting in the motion would contribute to more wear than would be saved by distributing the normal wear over the [1] face   .........   :jester:  :jester:

I did, later, find another use   .......................    keeping kids quiet in a class, when I wanted to write reports     ...............    just give out the strips and some Gloy and retire peacefully to my desk  ....    :sungum:

Archived