A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

If you are looking for local requests please show my favourites! - a Grange and the Collet Goods (2251).

Regards,

Dave

Especially for you Dave.A 22xx class 3205 Collett goods on a van train.

post-126-0-80195900-1370289772_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-81039900-1370289790_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-24081200-1370289805_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-29233900-1370290316_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-43672700-1370290328_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-64755400-1370290338_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

I see the LNER stock is still creeping in :P

I don't mind the odd wagon and will probably get a few more and some LMS too.Having all GWR stock is totally wrong even when it looks right. ;) Incidently were the fish vans of the Eastern likely to be seen in the West ?

The evening sun sets on what was a lovely day in Devon as we catch well weathered Hall class 4948 'Northwick Hall' on an up empty cattle van train to Newton Abbot.Some of these vans may be destined for the Ashburton branch perhaps...

While we're on requests, Robin, could you please ensure that someone at Newton Abbot cleans that fourth cattle wagon before any beasts are put in it? It obviously can't be limewash as that was banned a few years before the W12 was introduced, but the rules on cleanliness are rather strict, and have clearly been applied to the older wagon behind :scratchhead:

Nick

Nick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

While we're on requests, Robin, could you please ensure that someone at Newton Abbot cleans that fourth cattle wagon before any beasts are put in it? It obviously can't be limewash as that was banned a few years before the W12 was introduced, but the rules on cleanliness are rather strict, and have clearly been applied to the older wagon behind :scratchhead:

Nick

Nick

Trust you to pull me up on that Nick.I know its wrong.I'll get someone at Hackney to give it a scrub. :mosking:

I bought that wagon at a show off a stand that specializes in weathering wagons but obviously not research.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

........I know its wrong.I'll get someone at Hackney to give it a scrub. :mosking:

Hi Robin, Great set of photos, but could you ask NA to turn out a clean Hall tomorrow.... lol  :sungum: 

Thanks! 

• RMweb Gold

Especially for you Dave.A 22xx class 3205 Collett goods on a van train.

More great shots Robin. :)

Newton had a few Collett 2251's allocated to there during the 1940's. Nice looking purposeful engines. Thankfully 3205 survives on the SDR.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by 46444

Rob, there is a photo in 'The Bridport Branch', OPC 1976, of a NE fish van from Hull and Grimsby on a passenger train at Bridport.   

This is a working I replicate on Hintock, see post #215.

It does seem to be 'coals to Newcastle' but the fish available in the North Sea fishery are not ,it would appear, caught nearer to Dorset.

And LMS goods wagons got everywhere.

Edited by john flann

I understand that there was a regular fish train (mainly cod and haddock) from Grimsby to Torbay to feed the holidaymakers need for fish and chips. According to Operation Torbay it was normally aBG but could also include vanfits as well. I must admit on Wencombe I use fish vans.whcich also take fish caught off the Devon coast back.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I understand that there was a regular fish train (mainly cod and haddock) from Grimsby to Torbay to feed the holidaymakers need for fish and chips. According to Operation Torbay it was normally aBG but could also include vanfits as well. I must admit on Wencombe I use fish vans.whcich also take fish caught off the Devon coast back.

There would seem to have been a number of workings of vans containing/for fish into the West of England from/to the East Coast.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for everyones input on fish van workings.

This morning I had a phone call from the District Superintentent concerning the cleanliness of cattle vans in the area particularly Hackney Yard.I was scolded for the state of them and the offending vehicles have been withdrawn until severely cleaned and inspected.Perhaps.... :no:

Meanwhile for Danemouth especially..

Another gloriously sunny day in the South Hams as Newtons favourite Grange class 6829 'Burmington Grange' slowly rounds the curve with the up from Penzance milk and parcels train.At least the engine is cleaner today eh Neal. ;)

post-126-0-49522800-1370368803_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-50363400-1370368816_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-11325800-1370368842_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-82236600-1370369094_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-34455000-1370369506_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-99412000-1370369517_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-74970800-1370369529_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-21256600-1370369544_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-08925000-1370369555_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 9

Thanks very much Rob, I really enjoyed the Grange photos

You may have guessed it's my favourite GW loco followed by Manors and then the varieties of 57xx

Regards,

Dave

p.s. I don't suppose the GW have allocated a Manor at Brent that you could photograph? :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

p.s. I don't suppose the GW have allocated a Manor at Brent that you could photograph? :)

The most recent was posts 527 & 529 on page 22 . http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69664-a-nod-to-brent/page-22

You 'liked' it Dave.

Look at the difference the scenery upgrade has made. ;)

Edited by gwrrob

The most recent was posts 527 & 529 on page 22 . http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69664-a-nod-to-brent/page-22

You 'liked' it Dave.

Look at the difference the scenery upgrade has made. ;)

So I did!

Thanks for all the photos; you've captured the essence of the GWR in the way I have always imagined it,

Regards,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for everyones input on fish van workings.

This morning I had a phone call from the District Superintentent concerning the cleanliness of cattle vans in the area particularly Hackney Yard.I was scolded for the state of them and the offending vehicles have been withdrawn until severely cleaned and inspected.Perhaps.... :no:

Meanwhile for Danemouth especially..

Another gloriously sunny day in the South Hams as Newtons favourite Grange class 6829 'Burmington Grange' slowly rounds the curve with the up from Penzance milk and parcels train.At least the engine is cleaner today eh Neal. ;)

Looks like I'd better get on with checking those headlamp codes for 'someone' in order that he can get them posted someone ;)

(Should be carrying Class C lamps Rob)

• RMweb Gold

Poor Robin,

I'm not poor.I'm rich with enthusiasm for modelling Gods Wonderful Railway with all my mistakes in all their glory.

Looks like I'd better get on with checking those headlamp codes for 'someone' in order that he can get them posted someone ;)

(Should be carrying Class C lamps Rob)

It will be on a passenger express shortly and I'm not changing them around for a quick freight request. ;)

• Like 4