RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Kev_Lewis, on 08 Jun 2014 - 22:16, said:snapback.png

I was wondering who would be the first to suggest skinny dippers

Are they like chicken dippers but with a bit more sauce?

Rob

yep, but the low fat version

Edited by colin penfold

I go away for a while and suddenly there's a few pages to read when I get back!

As always, your work is inspiring rob, more and more tempted to add some more GWR to my collection now, especially after being offered a pannier tank at a very affordable price (I think there be dark forces conspiring against me! :help: ).

Stuart

• RMweb Premium

Well I suppose I could model a ###### of some sorts.It would be a bit different to seagulls and cormorants. ;)

Was that bingo wing that got censored? If so I think a complaint to management is required.......go on Rob, it's your thread.

My parrot has just screeched "Pieces of freight, pieces of freight"......idiot bird.

Blimey Stuart, you are being very sensible; is that a hint? :secret:

Nancyboy Pirate.

Edited by Mallard60022

Not a hint at all, the madness is another reason I enjoy this thread, just have nothing to add myself after a hard day of modelling :smoke:

Although I think a rhino paddling in the surf would really make the beach scene pop! ;)

• RMweb Gold

Was that bingo wing that got censored?

A bird four letters starting with S and ending with G got me censored.

Although I think a rhino paddling in the surf would really make the beach scene pop! ;)

Mentioning no names but I'm actually surprised that hasn't been photo-shopped on yet.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I always shout the bird's name very, very loudly if I see said bird with four letters as described above. I have only been cautioned once and that was near Sizewell NPC as the Police Officer on security patrol thought I was being personal :sarcastichand:

Hoots mon.

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

The auto-censor can be overcome - but only if you are confident your word will not cause real offence, of course. Having typed your word, highlight any letter, then click on the colour icon in the reply heading (it looks like an A with colour swatch attached). Then click the lower of the two black boxes, the upper one being the automatic default. Your word will now appear, and no-one will be any the wiser that some censor thought it off-limits.

• RMweb Premium

Oooooooohhhh this is getting tasty......the Mod's fingers must be twitching like a twitchy thing on a twitchy day.

So, just in case they think we have departed from trains here is something to look at that could fit on Rob's beach/seafront scenes..

post-2326-0-82680900-1402406740.jpg

and something from the SR .... a U 2.6.0.

post-2326-0-46998800-1402407036.jpg

Yes, I know I've got too much time on my hands, but it is fun helping people with their layout ideas.

Parp

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I always shout the bird's name very, very loudly if I see said bird with four letters as described above. I have only been cautioned once and that was near Sizewell NPC as the Police Officer on security patrol thought I was being personal :sarcastichand:

Hoots mon.

Are we allowed to know which varient of plod was taking offence at your bird watching rictuals.

• RMweb Gold

The storm has abated and the sun returns as a King rounds the curve with the up Royal Duchy in the summer of 1959.

Wills Finecast kit built.

post-126-0-92905000-1402427807_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-60013900-1402427824_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-44490500-1402427842_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-69964500-1402427856_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

A chance meeting on the promenade by Celia Johnson and Trevor Howard leads to a Brief Encounter with a King.....

post-126-0-79453900-1402431511_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-14767100-1402431577_thumb.jpg

Well the film was in black and white. ;)

post-126-0-53688600-1402431603_thumb.jpg

• Like 10