Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Glad we got that out of the way. :whistle:  Incidentally, you can find a real,and fully operational Tiger not that far from Brent:

attachicon.gifCIMG2771.jpg

Bovington's Tiger I, photographed last month.

It works, so you could take it out for a stroll to Hattons.. Some refuelling needed on the way, but parking won't be a problem. :D

Yes the fuel economy of a Tiger I tank, when used as an SUV, is rated from "extremely poor to absolutely disgraceful" according to several motoring website reviews.

Apparently a full 150 gallon (£900?) tank full of fuel might just get me to Bath, as long as "off-roading" is strictly limited.

Latest:

Trip from Bovington to Hattons and return by Tiger tank cancelled - going by Virgin Trains to collect my Hornby Wellington  - Walk Up Wool to Liverpool Lime Street First Class Open Return - £543 - bargain!

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yes the fuel economy of a Tiger I tank, when used as an SUV, is rated from "extremely poor to absolutely disgraceful" according to several motoring website reviews.

Apparently a full 150 gallon (£900?) tank full of fuel might just get me to Bath, as long as "off-roading" is strictly limited.

Latest:

Trip from Bovington to Hattons and return by Tiger tank cancelled - going by Virgin Trains to collect my Hornby Wellington  - Walk Up Wool to Liverpool Lime Street First Class Open Return - £543 - bargain!

You can have a drink or two as well, although in a Tiger I don't think the bill would be in to great a rush to give you a breathalyser test.

• RMweb Gold

I am getting withdrawal symptoms. Can I see a GWR Tank pulling something please Rob?

If you browse the thread there's hundreds of photos but as you asked nicely and you're new to this thread, how about 4582 on a short train of empties ?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Two for the price of one this evening.Like Paul [PD&SWJR] say's you can't have too many prairies.

4582 arrives at Brent and get's a signal check with a load of empties from Hackney Sidings whilst another prairie 4547 leaves with a coach bound for Kingsbridge.

post-126-0-18834200-1409251164_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-82401400-1409251176_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-31643300-1409251195_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-56251600-1409251213_thumb.jpg

More anon.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Likee likee, it's the same view that you first get of the real place, when you walk up from the village centre.

Unfortunately you won't see any 45xx's Ck and even that double slip has vanished.The box too soon.

Likee likee, it's the same view that you first get of the real place, when you walk up from the village centre.

Dear Captain Kernow,

I couldn't wait to get down to Brent after I read your comments above. All was well as per the top photograph, as I walked up from the village, with a promising glimpse of the signal box.

post-9751-0-46775100-1409257587_thumb.jpg

As soon as I crossed the road an impenetrable Google Map Street View forest suddenly sprang up completely obscuring "the view" of Brent Station that you promised.

Seriously misleading information.....

These are the sausages, with trimmings and cooked on a fireman's shovel, that I was going to send you to help with your Summer Sizzler Sausage Appeal:

post-9751-0-55226200-1409258533.jpg

They have been eaten in Leicestershire.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

They could help prevent "bus parked permanently on a bridge" syndrome.

Surely you would like to see my Western National again.I think it was Mikkel who hated the modelling cliché.

Surely you would like to see my Western National again.I think it was Mikkel who hated the modelling cliché.

I shall have to look that up in the thread, I can remember a "red" Devon General OB appearing but no green buses

• RMweb Gold

Dear Captain Kernow,

I couldn't wait to get down to Brent after I read your comments above. All was well as per the top photograph, as I walked up from the village, with a promising glimpse of the signal box.

attachicon.gifANTB.jpg

As soon as I crossed the road an impenetrable Google Map Street View forest suddenly sprang up completely obscuring "the view" of Brent Station that you promised.

Seriously misleading information.....

These are the sausages, with trimmings and cooked on a fireman's shovel, that I was going to send you to help with your Summer Sizzler Sausage Appeal:

attachicon.gifIMG_0273.JPG

They have been eaten in Leicestershire.

Seeing that bottom picture reminds me of the use that was made of the shovel (or actually two uses as the other involved a way of getting a bit more work out of the engine behind the leading one).  No wonder the 'old boys' used to go to the canteen for breakfast whenever they could.

• RMweb Gold

Seeing that bottom picture reminds me of the use that was made of the shovel (or actually two uses as the other involved a way of getting a bit more work out of the engine behind the leading one).  No wonder the 'old boys' used to go to the canteen for breakfast whenever they could.

I'm sure it was perfectly hygienic Mike, after all it was effectively autoclaved (heat treated) between each use... :D

• RMweb Premium

Saw there's a new part work for an O gauge Mallard advertised. 130 issues at £7.99 each = over £1,000 !!

Someone needs shooting...

Might as well buy a pre used Golden Age one and save the glue.

P

P.S. I'd prefer one of these though and then Spams and myself can share it.

post-2326-0-43634600-1409303205.jpg

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2