A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Didn't spams go quite for a spell last year, while he was de-toxing or something similar.

He's changed his avatar to one that reads Keep Calm we're temporarily closed .Stay tuned.

• RMweb Gold

Anyway true Accies fans say the  book is rubbish as there is absolutely no mention of the famous occasion in 2004, when 1,200 Accies fans went to Forfar to see them win 4-0 and clinch promotion on the last day of the season.

Did they travel to Forfar on the 4.44?

Did they travel to Forfar on the 4.44?

Alas it wasn't possible in 2004 because as the Monkees might have sung:

post-9751-0-19098600-1456496763.jpg

And to get vaguely back on topic I have just received a large emergency relief Collett coach parcel from those superbly efficient chaps in Kernow.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I would guess you will get them before me.......bearing in mind we run at a similar time period....will you run them as a complete rake or split them up? I am very undecided...as I am about painting the rooves

Cheers

John

Same time period as me too.  I'm going for "gungy grey" and black on the roofs.  One is going into Austerity Brown.

Mine will be used to break up rakes and also to make an "odds and sods" summer excursion special.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

They look very nice Rob, I picked 5 more today from Alton Models, that's my pocket money gone for the next ten weeks now I've got to wait a few weeks to get them on the layout as SWMBO has roped me into fitting a new kitchen and I can't move in the garage just yet. :resent:

• RMweb Gold

I did see a shirt button liveried coach behind Flying Scotsman on the tv footage.

Yes, it was the best part of the train.Did anyone else notice the Dartmouth roofboard.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The GWR liveried all third C54 next.This is the same as the kit I built last year.

attachicon.gifDSCN7729.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN7730.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN7723.jpg

Rob, would you mind building a full brake, brake compo and restaurant car please? That way we can all get the RTR versions next year.

Edited by St Enodoc