A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Blimey netnanny is a bit strict isn't she - I say we're going to a  I,e,s,b.ian  wedding and it gets struck out.  What would happen if I wrote buollocks I wonder?

Well Mike

I think it's a Bi-lateral decision, once you've chosen your bed it's a case of 'lying' in it.... :))

• RMweb Premium

Anybody know anywhere good to stay down in western Cornwall (north side) as we're off down there in September to a wedding (a ###### wedding as it happens - takes all sorts)

Exeter...

• RMweb Gold

Anybody know anywhere good to stay down in western Cornwall (north side) as we're off down there in September to a wedding (a ###### wedding as it happens - takes all sorts).

Trehellas House it's near Pencarrow House a few miles north of Bodmin 10 out of 10 as small hotels go, we have stayed many times over the past 10 year the last being November 2015.

• RMweb Gold

Trehellas House it's near Pencarrow House a few miles north of Bodmin 10 out of 10 as small hotels go, we have stayed many times over the past 10 year the last being November 2015.

I bet young Spams knows that establishment.

• RMweb Gold

Anybody know anywhere good to stay down in western Cornwall (north side) as we're off down there in September to a wedding (a ###### wedding as it happens - takes all sorts).

Well, the good citizens of St Ives will have ruled out the possibility of your buying a second home there for the purpose.

• RMweb Gold

Seen before I think but posted on Rich's thread concerning the goods shed, this shews it colouring well.4574 in black doesn't offend.

post-126-0-59245300-1466106954.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Mike, If Bodmin is not far enough west then there is the Penventon Hotel in Redruth, or the ex-GWR hotel in St Ives, Tregenna Castle.

Edited by Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

Well Mike

I think it's a Bi-lateral decision, once you've chosen your bed it's a case of 'lying' in it.... :))

The lady we know in this case originally chose a different sort of bed (if you follow my drift) but seemingly decided on a new course in life when her husband found himself another girlfriend - anyway takes all sorts and as it might well be a reasonable p*ss-up at the reception I suspect we will seek out somewhere locally .

• Like 1

Hope they didn't b*gger up the breakfast menu in the GW Hotel - top notch breakfast they used to serve.

I reckon you'll be ok me booooty !

post-20303-0-70549000-1466118055.jpeg

J.Ethro

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I beleive the Tregenna was earmarked for a well known Nazi to become his country retreat after ze sussessvol infasions off Engelandt....

Forgotten which one now.  Speer?  or Borman?

Until fairly recent it was Cornish. It was only conquered by the Anglo Saxons in the 7th century.... :onthequiet:

You'll be saying that Turkey doesn't belong to the Turks if you pursue that line of reasoning.

Or worse, that Pembrokeshire doesn't belong to the English either .... I'll get my coat

• Like 1