A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Fruit D? I think that is a guest at Glasto on the 'Other Stage'. I was going this year but have been told I am taking too many drugs already and am banned. Hey ho. Wanted to have a look at Castle Cary or whatever Station it is at that one alights. 

My valet is attending in my place.

Lovely choice of van anyway Rob. Nicely weathered too.

Ar$e

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Strange hobby this?

Not really. She goes to all the shows that matter and gets great deals from the Traders too. Her layout is OO FS and she has recently started using Pecoboo Bullhead track for an extension. Preferring Kit Built stock she has some RTR items, however those are well modified to a high standard.

S. Unscreen.

Perhaps uniquely these days, there are festival specials from Paddington. I happened to be in Paddington on the relevant day in recent times, forget which year. More backpacks than Warley though some of them backpack carriers were *possibly* a little more shapely...

Spying the special was due in shortly I wondered what stock it would be so i wandered down to look. To my disappointment, it wasn't a loco hauled charter set but some grotty dmus (no idea what class they are if introduced post about 1990) but of the sprinter type

David

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps uniquely these days, there are festival specials from Paddington. I happened to be in Paddington on the relevant day in recent times, forget which year. More backpacks than Warley though some of them backpack carriers were *possibly* a little more shapely...

Spying the special was due in shortly I wondered what stock it would be so i wandered down to look. To my disappointment, it wasn't a loco hauled charter set but some grotty dmus (no idea what class they are if introduced post about 1990) but of the sprinter type

David

Oh dear. Imaging being on a Sprinter type thing for more than about half an hour. Truly a bog cart.

Wonky Donky.

Oh dear. Imaging being on a Sprinter type thing for more than about half an hour. Truly a bog cart.

Wonky Donky.

Quite. Brings me out in a cold sweat at the mere thought. (My journey to school was roughly 30mins on one of those..) mind you, the central line is having a similar impact on me at the moment as it's marginally warmer than the third circle of hell.

• RMweb Gold

Following complaints from the PPAS [Pannier and Prairie Appreciation Society], we find a few shots of 5551 on the branch B set with added SR van.

attachicon.gif250.jpg

attachicon.gif299.jpg

attachicon.gif300.jpg

attachicon.gif301.jpg[

I wish it was that close to a beach and the sea here in Brent. Jolly hot today, too hot, in fact, although the red oxide on my 'Planet' diesel did dry nice and quickly.

I had to go into Plymouth to get some more red oxide primer from Halfords at Marsh Mills this afternoon, by the way. The car said it was 33 degrees outside, but happily the wind chill reduced that to 32.5.

• RMweb Premium

Not long now until we find out who won the 1000 page sweepstake. Will have to have a look to see what I offered.

edit: just looked and it was 18th July. Votes were cast around the 21st April. Looks like ANtB will get there sooner... Dick Dastardly reckons I should start deleting old posts...

• Like 1

Not really. She goes to all the shows that matter and gets great deals from the Traders too. Her layout is OO FS and she has recently started using Pecoboo Bullhead track for an extension. Preferring Kit Built stock she has some RTR items, however those are well modified to a high standard.

S. Unscreen.

Do you mean 'OO FFS'?

Cheers,

BR(W).

• RMweb Gold

Fruit D? I think that is a guest at Glasto on the 'Other Stage'. I was going this year but have been told I am taking too many drugs already and am banned. Hey ho. Wanted to have a look at Castle Cary or whatever Station it is at that one alights. 

My valet is attending in my place.

Lovely choice of van anyway Rob. Nicely weathered too.

Ar$e

Mr Ratio does a nice kit of Castle Canary station although it isn't moulded in yellow plastic.  I once appeared as a witness for the prosecution in a Magistrate's Court trial of one of the station staff - and congratulated him on getting off when he was back at work a couple of days after the trial  (I always wondered why the b*ggers who had supposedly fingered him for fraud in the first place weren't prepared to go as witnesses).

Interesting fact about the Glastonbury Festival - it doesn't take place in Glastonbury but at Pilton, several miles up the road from Glastonbury.  'Pilton Festival' just doesn't have the same ring to it as Glastonbury does it, and the mean spirited locals operate a speed camera so watch it if driving down that part of the A361.

• RMweb Gold

Not long now until we find out who won the 1000 page sweepstake. Will have to have a look to see what I offered.

edit: just looked and it was 18th July. Votes were cast around the 21st April. Looks like ANtB will get there sooner... Dick Dastardly reckons I should start deleting old posts...

No, just edit your entry.

M. Utley

For a comparison, the below coaches were painted with Halfords Volvo Dark Grey.   The one on the right is an out of the box Hornby Hawksworth in post war livery. 

blogentry-54-0-49600600-1495651901_thumb

Have at last got myself a can of Halfords Volvo Grey.  I like the resultant roof colour but as it is gloss, it needs toning down; should I use enamel or acrylic satin varnish, or will either do?   Thanks for any advice..

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

These have already been sprayed with Halfords satin varnish, I think a roof would benefit from a coat of mat varnish.

I must get some more Testors Dullcote ordered to finish them off...

A rake of these would look a treat.....

post-126-0-01919400-1498052345.jpg

http://www.hattons.co.uk/StockDetail.aspx?SID=234005&utm_source=ItemNowInStock&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=H4-WW-001

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Don't tempt me....

I've been searching for photos of these (or the flats) west of Exeter without luck. Until I find a prototype the wallet is staying shut....