A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

So, I wish you all a good day and good health and thanks for all the Fish. Having secreted myself away in the Loft for decades, I need to come out and get some Vit D. No nudity involved.

All the best,

Philth.

Thanks goodness for small mercies then Phil! Enjoy the shiny star, it's even sunny and warm in Buxton!

Kind regards,

Richard B

PS A bit concerned about the Castle........

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Not my photo but the 'purple one' was seen in steam at Bewdley. Taken from the footbridge. It might inspire @toboldlygoto have a go with one of his.😀

80892167_image0(1).jpeg.aebac00a01c30fe8534b7bc2a97effb8.jpeg

if it gets more people involved in the hobby and/or raises the profile of the SVR / Steam Railways in general then that has to be a good thing.

Personally I think its awful!

• Agree 11
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, A Murphy said:

I am sorry, but that may constitute assault with a deadly colour. Yech. 

Alastair M.

Hi Alastair

Purple should be confined to 1970s bedrooms and trying to call it plumb, indigo, violet, mauve etc doesn't change where it should be hidden.

• Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, 30368 said:

Thanks goodness for small mercies then Phil! Enjoy the shiny star, it's even sunny and warm in Buxton!

Kind regards,

Richard B

PS A bit concerned about the Castle........

Halls to Basingstoke then! 😇

P

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Mallard60022 said:

Halls to Basingstoke

Phil,

I have to admit to a number of GW Loco's, a Hall or two, a Grange two 61XX tanks, all of which were frequent visitors to 70D. I even have a 28XX and a GWesternized ROD 2-8-0 or 04 as it is properly termed.

Richard

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Not my photo but the 'purple one' was seen in steam at Bewdley. Taken from the footbridge. It might inspire @toboldlygoto have a go with one of his.😀

80892167_image0(1).jpeg.aebac00a01c30fe8534b7bc2a97effb8.jpeg

OMG. That is bleddy hideous. I had seen it lurking in the Shed at Bridgenorth during the Gala,  when I wasn't battling with weirdo's when the chat was on that weekend.....strange bunch inhabit those chats (including me I suppose). However, in yer face it is repulsive and Her Maj would not be amused I am sure.

But, as Bally says, if it attracts people to that Railway and some Alien with no eyes likes it and buys a Model of it, then woo hoo.

Royal Blue or Regal Maroon maybe, but THAT? Should be destroyed humanely and never ever seen again until returned to true Green.

Anger Management Esq.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, 30368 said:

Phil,

I have to admit to a number of GW Loco's, a Hall or two, a Grange two 61XX tanks, all of which were frequent visitors to 70D. I even have a 28XX and a GWesternized ROD 2-8-0 or 04 as it is properly termed.

Richard

Gorgeous.

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Alastair

Purple should be confined to 1970s bedrooms and trying to call it plumb, indigo, violet, mauve etc doesn't change where it should be hidden.

Aubergine. Don't forget aubergine. I had a pair of 20" aubergine flares  about 50 years ago...

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Aubergine. Don't forget aubergine. I had a pair of 20" aubergine flares  about 50 years ago...

Hooligan. You know those are banned at Footy games.

Milly Wall

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Mallard60022 said:

Hooligan. You know those are banned at Footy games.

Milly Wall

Never went there. They weren't good enough to play the top London team.

T. Hotspur

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Clive Mortimore said:

Wasn't there a time when Tottenham's away strip was purple?

If there was, it was after I'd stopped going to matches (coz I couldn't afford full fare on the bus).

My great aunt was a season ticket holder for over 60 years. Her funeral cortege paused outside White Hart Lane and several staff came out to pay their respects.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

OMG. That is bleddy hideous…..

But, as Bally says…..

Anger Management Esq.

I’ve not been called “Bally” since school… and now that it’s been mentioned, I think it was some nasty teacher would did it as well. Can’t think why, or who. Didn’t care much for school days, learnt a bit, but as they (now) say “different times”

I didn’t wear purple trousers thankfully 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Another weathering job by his lordship……

…..when I pop my clogs…… Enjoy your models, don't leave them in the box, run them.

Lovely shots of 18000 Robin.

”Popping your clogs” you can’t do that just yet - what would we do without our daily fix of ANTB….

Definitely enjoy the models, run them. I only have one model that doesn’t run…. It’s a 1968 Triang model of the Rocket with 3 carriages. The box is very tatty, but it’s all safely together. It is of course a DC only model.

Otherwise everything should be run.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
Just now, John Besley said:

That must be a Newton Abbot 82xxx ... But what's it working ...?

Newton had three and it’s working the Kingsbridge branch. Could be 82006.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Newton had three and it’s working the Kingsbridge branch. Could be 82006.

That's interesting, as in my research on the 82's haven't found a reference to them on the kingsbridge branch, I knew they worked on the Mortenhamstead branch, and on trip workings to Kingswear but they didn't stay here for long.

The longest serving was 82019 which went straight to 72A where she stayed for nearly 10 years before going to Eastleigh and Nine Elms withdrawn on 9th July 1967

Edited by John Besley
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1