RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, A Murphy said:

This is all looking pricey. Very pricey. Already ordered an early pannier, but that's just the first run.....

@Steve Purves was happy to tell me that unbelievably due to its Thomas connection the GWR liveried version is the best seller so far. Here's one of the underside.

DSCN9183.JPG.3f26635ca0071b8a1aac97d530650684.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

@Steve Purves was happy to tell me that unbelievably due to its Thomas connection the GWR liveried version is the best seller so far. Here's one of the underside.

DSCN9183.JPG.3f26635ca0071b8a1aac97d530650684.JPG

Thanks for these photos, Robin, especially this one.

Those flanges look to be rather fine, certainly (whatever anyone says) less 'chunky' than those on the Manor that I had.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Thanks for these photos, Robin, especially this one.

Those flanges look to be rather fine, certainly (whatever anyone says) less 'chunky' than those on the Manor that I had.

The flares on the wheel spokes need attention as highlighted by Mike @The Stationmaster and is in hand.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Apologies in advance for the poor quality photos. A big thanks to @RapidoCorbs for making stuff available to photograph. It was great to meet him in person.

First up is the B set , no livery samples yet but arrival is August '24. There was talk of open windows in the polybag and maybe a Modelu figure stood by the window.

DSCN9186.JPG.83f4c7ef04e081d2ad9c95b352985aa4.JPG

DSCN9191.JPG.c75e91020d1b717dcbd2d1a250eae334.JPG

DSCN9192.JPG.e4dfdbea9ed44c7d3721f16ba9da0683.JPG

DSCN9193.JPG.75caabad49d5fec51c32e545d1e3e303.JPG

DSCN9194.JPG.7475dce334f5f66f359117675aad273d.JPG

DSCN9196.JPG.ffafac2f9f6e4d3ebf34dd3e34a55e3d.JPG

That's a shame they've not refined the bogies. Those tie rods to the bolsters are way too thick. Not a patch on Hornbys 7ft bogies IMO.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the photos @gwrrob looks as if the next couple of years us Great Western modellers will have loads of variety with new stock.

Thanks to Accurascale; Dapol and Rapido for producing these lovely models.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Thanks for the photos @gwrrob looks as if the next couple of years us Great Western modellers will have loads of variety with new stock.

Agreed - but still no Saint.......................

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

Yep, shouldn't look gift horses in the mouth I suppose.   But I've already got small prairies, 57xx/8750 panniers, and a B set (and a 28xx).  But I ain't got a Bulldog - or a Saint for that matter.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, checkrail said:

Yep, shouldn't look gift horses in the mouth I suppose.   But I've already got small prairies, 57xx/8750 panniers, and a B set (and a 28xx).  But I ain't got a Bulldog - or a Saint for that matter.

In an era of lovely models on all sides, it is easy to get caught up in 'half-Noah' syndrome, buying one of every model for one's chosen company. Rule 1 willingly assists this. Perhaps at times we need to stand a little further back, and consider whether a particular model is essential to authentic operation of our locale, in which case more than one copy might be a good idea, actually. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, checkrail said:

I agree John, On the one hand you want to say "thank you" for the recent product announcements... whilst containing the enthusiasm for "what about a Saint".

I also can't justify replacing my 28xx or my B set carriages (B set's were not used at Henley in any case.)

Plus of course, I have enough kits to keep me going into 2024, so I am not that fussed at the moment... a Saint will still be nice though 😎

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, 57xx said:

That's a shame they've not refined the bogies. Those tie rods to the bolsters are way too thick. Not a patch on Hornbys 7ft bogies IMO.

They're only samples as far as I'm aware and things could be improved before production.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, checkrail said:

Yep, shouldn't look gift horses in the mouth I suppose.   

Rolling stock is a priority over locos in my opinion. More coaches would be more welcome.

• Like 2
  • Agree 13

1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Rolling stock is a priority over locos in my opinion. More coaches would be more welcome.

I totally agree, I've been clamouring for decent sunshine Stock retools for years. The Bachmann/Mainline tooling is alright, but it doesn't cover the various Diagrams well enough for me.

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DRoe96 said:

I totally agree, I've been clamouring for decent sunshine Stock retools for years. The Bachmann/Mainline tooling is alright, but it doesn't cover the various Diagrams well enough for me.

There are enough Bachy/Mainline sunshine coaches going cheep, have you ever considered doing some cut and shuts. I know modelling seems old fashioned these days but I still find it fun.

Have a butchers at this thread, some of Lofty 1966's cut and shut bow ended stock from Hornby railroad models are wonderful.

It inspired me to have a go, I am not a GWR modeller but a LMR and ER one so Stanier and Gresley coaches are my main diet. Please pop along to my thread to see what I get up to with my Cut and Shuts

And if you have time a Youtube video of my cut and shuts on a live Zoom with some mates. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNfvOPVtQ8E&t=1317s

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

There are enough Bachy/Mainline sunshine coaches going cheep, have you ever considered doing some cut and shuts. 

And if you have time a Youtube video of my cut and shuts on a live Zoom with some mates. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNfvOPVtQ8E&t=1317s

What's your definition of cheap Clive @Clive Mortimore and where's your source.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, gwrrob said:

They're only samples as far as I'm aware and things could be improved before production.

So they are just the same samples we were shown back in May.?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

What's your definition of cheap Clive @Clive Mortimore and where's your source.

If he doesn't respond it's cause he's busy prepping for St Enodoch's visit. 

Coaches from Auction and willing donors and possibly Ebay. 

4 hours ago, DRoe96 said:

Comet (other makes are available) sides and a bit of fettling is a good way to do those and really very simple. However Painting and Lining GW livery can be tough. BR  Maroon though is simples.

Phil

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1