A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Picture This.

attachicon.gifMR241 Cover.jpg

You've also decided to upgrade your trains this weekend?

You're giving away £2,800 of R-T-R models?

You're now modelling the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway?

You've done a review of the Minerva pannier (great stuff)?

Haven't seen your article yet, Robin, but I will buy a copy specially!

• RMweb Gold

Haven't seen your article yet, Robin, but I will buy a copy specially!

I don't think Joseph Auld's will have it so go to your local Tesco's instead. I've just bought three from mine. :jester: 

• RMweb Gold

http://irwellpress.com/acatalog/GREAT_WESTERN_RAILWAY.html#a836

A heads up to some new reading material on GWR tanks available in the tank papers series from Irwell

I've got the books on the 2-8-0 tanks and the 2-8-2 tanks, and I can confirm that they are Top Stuff.

I shall look to get copies of the two books on the 0-6-2 tanks at some stage, as well.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This afternoon sees a superb looking treat in the shape of Newton's 7427 on loan from Mark [46444] of this parish. This is the Bachmann 64xx with added detail as seen in this blog. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/1338/entry-18309-newton-abbots-finest7427-finished-conversion-of-Bachmann-64xx-to-74xx/

post-126-0-09436000-1508596570_thumb.jpg

Yet another pannier than never offends. :whistle: 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

I like a seasoned snapper, especially with asparagus, new potatoes and a simple white sauce - not forgetting a glass or three of Hunter Valley semillon.

I did pass the site of a Halt called Snapper a couple of days back. Yes, we did partake of the offering at Woody Bay.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Enjoyed the article Robin. Favourite pic is of the 2884 going through the station. Loved the detail in the posters, timetable etc

Cheers

David

Thanks and this thread helped create those posters in that scene with Allan at Sankey doing the order.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's cold, wet and blowy in Brent this morning I'm afraid, Robin.

Just been out to the shed to confirm that, despite completely dismantling my air brush and giving it all a good clean, it's still a complete failure and will probably have to be shunted to the end of the long siding outside the works, to have weeds grow around it and be used for spares, before the inevitable enthusiasts specials come by to visit it, photographers to take pictures of it, and finally a campaign to raise enough money to preserve and restore it will be held, only for the thing to be accidentally cut up by the scrap man, mere days before the General Manager at Paddington signed a document releasing it to the preservation society.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's cold, wet and blowy in Brent this morning I'm afraid, Robin.

Just been out to the shed to confirm that, despite completely dismantling my air brush and giving it all a good clean, it's still a complete failure and will probably have to be shunted to the end of the long siding outside the works, to have weeds grow around it and be used for spares, before the inevitable enthusiasts specials come by to visit it, photographers to take pictures of it, and finally a campaign to raise enough money to preserve and restore it will be held, only for the thing to be accidentally cut up by the scrap man, mere days before the General Manager at Paddington signed a document releasing it to the preservation society.

I guess you've tried it CK but when my airbrush seized up a few years ago I soaked it in a bath of cellulose thinners over a couple of days which cleaned it up nicely.

Please ignore if already done..

Alternatively the SDR museum at Buckfastleigh may be interested in it...

• RMweb Gold

I think it was the Two Ronnies who told us of a proposal to merge Northampton and Southampton, to produce one enormous hampton. They further advised that the plan had been shelved due to protests from the residents of Littlehampton, where Sherry’s ex was born.....

• Like 2