A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Is that what we used to call sizing in old money?

Not really thats watered down wallpaper paste for prepping walls for papering.  :scratchhead:  PVA'ing as it is known seals the surface of plaster, wood shite /MDF (most building materials) etc, same difference but both have different properties. :boast:

• RMweb Premium

Heres a big boys toy to remind you that yours hasn't ventured out recently. This one's a bit clean.

attachicon.gif20171014_121254.jpg

Is it a Collett 2251, or perhaps a Mogul - can't see for the glare from the paint and lights - lots of dirt would show what it really is.

Everyone knows a dirty mogul never offends.................

• RMweb Gold

Was it a good show Colin ?

Pretty good mate. Still don't like the venue and the catering is rubbish but there were some good layouts including my current guilty pleasure (o gauge) I also really enjoyed Copenhagen Fields as I was able to get to the front and there was lots running. Overlord is well worth a look too. Peafore Yard was an excellent micro layout and Oakley Green was a good dose of BR Blue

Edited by colin penfold
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Was it a good show Colin? 

Meanwhile some of us went to the Farnham show - which takes place in Aldershot.  A good show as ever although the venue, or rather the sports field of the school. was playing host to some sort of kiddiewinks football event so getting into the car park was a long drawn out process.  Catering is good although the baps and rolls seem to get a little smaller each year but the quality is very good and even the tea was palatable.  Some top notch layouts to be seen in various scales but especially 2mm and 7mm

http://farnhammrc.org.uk/?page_id=102

and Mr Kernow had safely conveyed my goodies across the border so it was time to collect and pay for some maroon liveried Colletts (amazingly good lining for r-t-r) and a Dapol bubble car (with p*ss poor lining but otherwise not a bad job).  

Oh and I also collected my 'special' 1362 which does look rather nice although not yet fully unpacked as I'm waiting the camera batteries to recharge to i can photo it when unpacked - it's the last of the flown-in review models but I'm keeping it, not reviewing it!.  it would seem its commercially obtained brethren might also be in the post in my direction judging by a cryptic email I received last night.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Pretty good mate. Still don't like the venue and the catering is rubbish but there were some good layouts including my current guilty pleasure (o gauge) I also really enjoyed Copenhagen Fields as I was able to get to the front and there was lots running. Overlord is well worth a look too. Peafore Yard was an excellent micro layout and Oakley Green was a good dose of BR Blue

On thing about the Spalding venue is that the cafe is Decent IIRC. The rest of the place is cramped and always packed but I enjoyed my previous visit.

P

Edited by Mallard60022

post-126-0-26375600-1508053932_thumb.jpg

Achtung........

(sorry, could not resist.)[/

Das Feurschpuchinger dampflocomotiv !

Having glued all those leaves onto your new tree it’s time for them all to drop off!

It has to be asked; would any self respecting railway photographer plonk a tree in the middle of train picture!  H.C. where are you? :nono:

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

I really should be getting on with my own trainset but in the meantime...

attachicon.gifSpitting Feathers.jpg

There, that's better.

I had one of those. Lovely runner and apparently still does, my having given it to a nephew when Hornby's current original WC/BB first appeared. Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 3