A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps Trevor Hall picked up some extremely muddy water from the troughs. Certainly not fit for boiling! Cue Muddy Waters ‘65

Clever Trevor.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I've just read on FF that long time follower of this thread and Leicester City fan Cary Hill is 65 years young today. You get a free train request as well as your bus pass. ;)

Happy Birthday David. :sungum:

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Too clean for my normal standard of 60's Grange  ;)

attachicon.gif6807_lhfan.jpg

attachicon.gif6832_rhfan.jpg

And someone please lock me up - TOO CLEAN!!!

attachicon.gif4013_lhfan.jpg

While it's not easy to replicate the engine in post 31259 has been priming at some time so the pale muck starts at the top of the smokebox and has washed down from there causing the appearance of some rust although mainly the washing away of/over the dirt plus - not unusually on an engine in that condition - there is a leak from the oil pipe cover as well causing a black streak down the smokebox.

• RMweb Gold

I am currently working on a mathematical equation concerning how to merge two fiddle yards into one.

Already done that, so to save you some time here it is:

complicated-equation-e1451001663208.gif

All you've got to do now is put the values in.

Edited by ian
  • Like 1

I've just read on FF that long time follower of this thread and Leicester City fan Cary Hill is 65 years young today. You get a free train request as well as your bus pass. ;)

Happy Birthday David. :sungum:

Thanks. I quite fancy a passenger and a goods working featuring Southern locomotives as their drivers need to keep their route knowledge up to scratch......forbidden fruit....

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

Why do you cook your models. :scratchhead:

M Berry

To avoid soggy bottoms  :jester:  :jester:

Is that the stretched version after glider towing?

No it's a Mk.1A.

Only one Mk.III was converted for glider towing trials and that one did stretch :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Thanks. I quite fancy a passenger and a goods working featuring Southern locomotives as their drivers need to keep their route knowledge up to scratch......forbidden fruit....

Colletts or Maunsells ?