A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium
I wonder if they only wear one capbadge, and if anyone is left to care why they should wear two............

I don't know the answer, but I know the reason (I'm from Gloucestershire); it's so they can be recognized by their own side, because 'The Glosters don't retreat'.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good job that the Glosters' 1990 amalgramation didn't happen in steam days, otherwise you would have required a Dean Single to find a splasher long enough.......

Sadly they are now just one of The Rifles Battallions.......

I wonder if they only wear one capbadge, and if anyone is left to care why they should wear two............

Well there is me.......but then I am very old! Battle of Alexandria 1801........and apparently they still wear a second badge at the back when in service dress

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, the heat and sunshine addled my brain.  I should have responded sooner with:

"IKB was probably the longest name plate on the Great Western"

Notwithstanding the glories of the "Glorious Glosters", that nameplate only existed in the 50s........

Good job that the Glosters' 1990 amalgramation didn't happen in steam days, otherwise you would have required a Dean Single to find a splasher long enough.......

Sadly they are now just one of The Rifles Battallions.......

Sadly I think the LNER may have had the largest amount of info on a nameplate......check the V2s.

N. Gresley.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry Rob. We are all lost and the Russians are coming, so that's that really isn't it?

V. Putin

As you have changed your thread title to a hit from ABBA this thread will now be my Waterloo, my my...

• Like 1