A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

If a 4500 and a B set appear at SJ, it will be obvious the transition is complete then the ACE will appear at Brent.

Brian.

It has already done so Brian including an up service from Plymouth. :rtfm: Young Spams has probably got the photo.

• RMweb Gold

Any outstanding modelling on that thread though... :jester:

Modelling??????  Surely (or perhaps you are too young?) you should know by now that any thread daring to mention bullhead rail and 16.5mm gauge in the same paragraph brings out the worst in various people and it's a darned good job personal weapons aren't allowed on this site or there would be bloodshed in those  sort of threads (mind you if that happened maybe the next one on the subject would be more civilised, maybe?).

Now how about a nice 'Grange' going about its business?

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Andy Y has met me a couple of times so he 'understands'. I could have met some other Mods but I wouldn't have known as they are like stealth Mods or have a cloaking device. They have given up trying to find out why I'm so bonkers so I think we could be safe. 

Now then, I'm going to blaspheme to see if anything happens:

LMS;

LNER;

Thompson;

Bulleid;

Churchward;

OOFS;

EM;

P4;

gauge;

Crest;

RTR;

Kernow;

Nurses;

Downton;

Blondy;

anything to do with Eaton;

Worksop;

anything foreign;

speed cameras;

Anglican Communion.

(Nothing has happened yet.....must try harder.

post-2326-0-36517500-1453993996.jpg

post-2326-0-94823100-1453994038.jpg

post-2326-0-37678900-1453994078.jpg

post-2326-0-82295000-1453994141.jpg oh sh*t, that's done it.

Timnicebutdim.

Careful chaps MOD4's sniffing about!

NHS! Junior Doctors! Trident! Nicola Sturgeon!

Edit:

Phew, that was close! I think I put him (?) off the scent with the unmentionables! Could have had the (track) plan scuppered!

Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don’t know why I bother to say it, oh God, I’m so depressed. My capacity for happiness, you could fit into a matchbox without taking out the matches first.

I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won’t like it.
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Modelling?????? Surely (or perhaps you are too young?) you should know by now that any thread daring to mention bullhead rail and 16.5mm gauge in the same paragraph brings out the worst in various people and it's a darned good job personal weapons aren't allowed on this site or there would be bloodshed in those sort of threads (mind you if that happened maybe the next one on the subject would be more civilised, maybe?).

Now how about a nice 'Grange' going about its business?

post-126-0-56913300-1454003920.jpeg

post-126-0-05577200-1454005839.jpeg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

I've just thought of a joke. 

What do you get if you give Nicola Sturgeon a big hug? (By the way, I find her quite attractive......................)

Caviar. 

Yo.

(P.S. All hail Mod 4)

I see from your latest avatar that the birds are in their summer plumage. The weather really is strange...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Rob,

5-4-3-2-1 !!! - I love renumbering.

Glenn - I know, I need to get out more

I know there's lots of your work on here but that Grange ain't one of them Sir.

• RMweb Premium

(By the way, I find her quite attractive......................)

So do I..

It was my comment about me rather having her rule over me (anytime) than David Cameron that got removed (well not quite the whole story but something like that)...

• RMweb Premium

Track does seem to bring out the worst in people.  It brought out the worst in me (which I enjoyed thoroughly), but it's more fun just to leave 'em to it.  Bless.

I had a quick look last night. Seven pages in less than a day. I wouldn't be able to keep up if I followed that and after the first ten posts it was all repeat variations on a theme anyway.

For Ducky's information, I was reading RMWeb in bed in my hotel room at the time. No pyjamas (or anything else actually).

Already been.....I'd give it ten minutes.

Quack

I eventually got fed up waiting for a better description so I sent my ole mucker Albert to see what this bullhead stuff was all about......

I've heard bugg€r all from him since this mornin' !

post-20303-0-70187800-1454016511.png